Ford Forums banner

Question on GT40P heads.

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  FORDGURU 
#1 ·
Can anyone advise me what (if any) Australian Fords with Windsors were fitted with GT40P heads ?

I am advised by a US company that all HO and Mustang 5L motors including thoes with GT40 heads had the same spark plug angle as the old 289. only the last Ford Explorers had GT40P heads with a different plug angle.

M

#3 ·
Marshall,

Ford 5.0L windsors most certainly did have the GT40P heads installed,
The 1998 EL GT (only 250 produced) and NL Fairlane by Tickford (only 106 Produced) were the first to see these heads and it is my understanding that they were the only ones to do so???

I dont know of them even ever being fitted to the 351w block as they are somewhat different??? I am not really sure..... Maybe I am wrong, I have never heard of them being fitted to the 351w block???

Do a web search on the "Fairlane by Tickford" and you will find allot of information about these heads as I did. Some of which is a very interesting read.

I myself own an NL Fairlane by Tickford #075 and they are basically all GT interior and drive line from the EL GT transplanted into the Fairlane Ghia bodyshell. Also known as a GT Limosine!

Hope this is of some help to you?

Cheers
:driver:

#4 ·
One very important thing I forgot to mention also is,
The GT40P heads that you mention that were standard fitment on Explorers are the very same heads that were fitted to the EL GT and NL Fairlane by Tickford. As the information says that I have found that they used these heads as they are?.

Cheers
:driver:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.