S3 Au falcon xr8 220KW engine in EF XR8 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2006, 03:56   #1 (permalink)

S3 Au falcon xr8 220KW engine in EF XR8

Hi all, got an opportunity to get and put in a S3 Au Windsor 220KW engine into my EF XR8. Has anyone done this and how hard is it? Is there computer/electrical differences??
Thanks in advance

VG Valiant Regal (Dodge Dart), 2 door coupe .. midnight black... lowered.. 318 V8... 15" boss Subby with a 1200watt amp.
Quickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2006, 03:06   #2 (permalink)

Re: S3 Au falcon xr8 220KW engine in EF XR8

Get the AU3 MAF as well so it matches the 24lb injectors. Fuel pump upgrade also worthwhile considering as the EF motor is only 165kW. You may be able to use the old EF pump, but new bigger pumps are cheap and burnt pistons aren't... I'm not sure if the EF runs EGR (EB-ED do, AU doesn't). If it does you will need to get a spacer to suit the 70mm TB on the AU motor. Once it's running I'd get a good dyno tune to make sure fuel pressure gives correct A/F at wide open throttle. If it doesn't then an adjustable regulator is also needed. The good news is that none of these parts are expensive.

I also have a 220kW Tickford in my workshop waiting for the right car. Bought it from a burnt wreck for $750. Check under the rocker covers, there are some nice shaft mount roller rockers unique to the 220kW engines.

Good luck
xafalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 19:49   #3 (permalink)

cheers dude. Yeah this v8 is being taken out of a wrecked s3 xr8 ute. I can get the whole engine, acessories and complete zorst. Some people have told me to fit the dizzy out of my ef onto the au engine or i have to change the entire wiring loom, smartlock and computer. Also a dizzy will be easier to retard for NOS purposes hehe. I have already got a Walbro 255LPH i think it is fuel pump.

VG Valiant Regal (Dodge Dart), 2 door coupe .. midnight black... lowered.. 318 V8... 15" boss Subby with a 1200watt amp.
Quickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:30   #4 (permalink)

Yeah mate, go with the dizzy otherwise you're up for the whole swap. The fuel pump sounds perfect as long as your return line can cope. Fit a fuel pressure guage to the schrader valve and check at idle. Once it's running get a full throttle dyno tune to verify your mixture is OK as you're now running an engine with different pumping characteristics and injector size to what the EF computer thinks you've got.

If you end up not using the AU PS pump let me know. I may be interested as mine got burnt out.

Good luck
Tris
xafalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:03   #5 (permalink)
Macka

Hey Mate Just finished putting a Handbuilt tickford motor series 2 or 3 not sure in my ED the other day getting tuned with twEEcer tomorrow.

Mostly straight foward apart from injector plugs will have to be changed and throttle body plugs, and use au egr plate just get tuner to sort out vaccum lines etc, fuel rail different in ED is not sure about may have to use EF one.

Use old senders out of EF engine,

Extractors will be different au ones prob wont fit, EF will foul on sparkplugs, Advance or Hi Tech make some for gt40P heads in e series,

use EF power steering and air con and alt as different, un bolt whole power steering bracket and hold out the way enough to clear engine in and out
mackagtho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:41   #6 (permalink)

Hey guys i dont think that would be a 220 kw motor considering they never put them in the utes?
aussiemart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:51   #7 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemart View Post
Hey guys i dont think that would be a 220 kw motor considering they never put them in the utes?

I think you will find the last of the AUIIIs were 220
IIV8II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 00:51   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIV8II View Post
I think you will find the last of the AUIIIs were 220
Absolutely wrong, the utes NEVER came with 220 motors. The pursuits eventually came with 250kws
redauxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech