Should I Sell or finish Build? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2006, 18:23   #1 (permalink)

Should I Sell or finish Build?

I have a (1998) 4.6 4v engine custom built with vortech supercharger, would it be easier to just sell the engine off and sell my truck (with no engine), or finish the build im not a mechanic but am not too bad. ive got about 4 months to do it before i move. The engines a cast iron block, sean hyland rotating assy with .020 overbore, comp cams for nitros and blower assys, rebuilt heads with new springs and valves, built by a local shop and a rebuilt supercharger. i dont really even know what to ask for the engine, or the truck body/frame. any help would be greatly appreciated, im actually in iraq right now.
jamezscheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2006, 19:59   #2 (permalink)

Re: Should I Sell or finish Build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamezscheri
I have a (1998) 4.6 4v engine custom built with vortech supercharger, would it be easier to just sell the engine off and sell my truck (with no engine), or finish the build im not a mechanic but am not too bad. ive got about 4 months to do it before i move. The engines a cast iron block, sean hyland rotating assy with .020 overbore, comp cams for nitros and blower assys, rebuilt heads with new springs and valves, built by a local shop and a rebuilt supercharger. i dont really even know what to ask for the engine, or the truck body/frame. any help would be greatly appreciated, im actually in iraq right now.
If I were you I would be ringing a friend and have him get some quotes o have the work done so you can return to a complete and working truck worth much more than selling bits of it .
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 13:33   #3 (permalink)

Do you have a good reason for selling it (eg need the cash bad or want to do another project) if not I'd be inclined to finish it off so you can enjoy it for a while .

What model truck is it?

97 TJ wrangler lifted 33" JT etc

04 VY SS Commadore 5.7(wifes)
krankieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 14:12   #4 (permalink)

Its a 98 cobra engine, into a 98 f150. I really dont know anyone else in california where its at. I have to drive it back to Illinois or sell it in june.
i dont know how much more it will cost to get it running since ive never even heard of it being done before, with the DOHC in a f150. Or if it will be giving me problems all the time, and its also my only vehicle.
jamezscheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech