some opinions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2005, 04:25   #1 (permalink)

cool some opinions

I have been slowly working out my plan of attack for my xr8. I have decided on a set of eldelbrock performer heads,performer intake and 1.7 ratio roller rockers. Will the intake fit up no troubles with the stock throttle body and other fittings??. Also does the upper intake spin around on the lower intake so it faces the right side beacuse on the mustangs I think it faces the left hope you know what I mean??. What do you guys think about this package I think it should be great.
I am planing on changing the throttle body, maf and injectors down the track when I have the money and I can probably do this myself I just want to get the big job done first.

Thanks for your advice sorry if these are stupid questions
Falcon SXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2005, 04:42   #2 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Re: some opinions

Yep they do..The ones that DON'T are Ford truck style F150 etc and Holley inlets...Though they flow good...
No question is stupid ! Though I can do with a good laugh every now and then....
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:01   #3 (permalink)
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast

You should have no problems getting those Edelbrock parts to fit with the stock Ford stuff. A number of people have done similar on their Falcons.

Note that Edelbrock revised their Preformer head range (around 2003 I think) for better performance. I can't tell you how to pick the difference between old and new offhand but if you go with a supplier with good turnover of stock you should be ok.

Why the 1.7 rockers? Do you have a specific cam in mind that requires them?
anakha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 19:31   #4 (permalink)

Well I am keeping the stock cam for now but just wanted to get a bit more out of it.
Old 04-18-2005, 20:52   #5 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

.033 extra lift.. One good feature of Edelbrock manifolds is that the cover on the plenunm can be taken off and if you want you can port or change inlet lenght alittle..Ie shorter to suit higher rpm cam..You can champher head ports to match the bigger inlets....
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 21:48   #6 (permalink)

I like the edelbrock manifolds. They are generally better through the revs upto 6000rpm than the TFS stuff (imo)
Get a bigger cam while you at it. the stocky just don't cut it IMO.
Those heads will flow well to .550 or even .600 lift but the stock cam is around the .444 or somthing. If mild is the goal go 2031 for 1.72 r/r or 2030 for 1.65 r/r. Theres plenty great cams out there for the 5.0's. I loved the new found rev happiness nature the cam gave me. Oh and the extra power everywhere in the power band.
If you get 1.7 r/r without deciding on a cam it can limit your options down the track or force you to sepend another $500 for new set of R/R's.
Depending on your setup close to or better than 200rwkw may be on offer if the setup is right. :)
TKTDSGM Member
AU2XLSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 19:34   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for that guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech