Ford Forums banner

SVO manifold information

6K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  ebxr8240 
#1 ·
Does anyone know much about the mainfold offered by SVO? I got quoted $1000 upper and lower. Im currently making 200 horse at the wheels with the HO manifold running TF heads at 4300 rpm it tops out. How will this manifold compare with the same TF item? Is this SVO manifold purely a recond AU manifold? Thanx for any help.

#2 ·
Geez, that HO manifold is strangling those nice TF heads. The heads flow around 245cfm per runner where the HO manifold flows about 140cfm.

I would imagine it is either an Explorer manifold like on the AU's or a GT40. Both will give you significant gains up high. But I would go for a trickflow or edelbrock intake. Both will set you back about $1000 (edelbrock is about a bit more expensive) but will give better results than the SVO one.

#10 ·
They went out of business a while ago, the manifold never sold very well after a couple of magazines found very little gains with it. From memory it was about $1500US and you needed to relocate the distributor because the throttle body came out the front. Very interesting design though.

#13 ·
Use the Track heat inlet Its slightly shorter and bigger runners are better with a well warmed over engine..You will lose slight torque at very low rpm[under 1500 rpm but mated to can like the 2030 or 2031 they match real well..Or use Edelbrock RPM the good thing about these manifolds is that the cover can be taken off top part of inlet and runners milled out to make shorter runners if required.. Essentually making runners shorter and making plenum bigger..
The SVO is the Cobra or GT40 type very similar to Sprint / Gt's inlets..Slightly higher flowing than Explorer type inlets that came out on EL ll onwards..For $1,000 I'd use Track heat with TFS/ TF heats...Better port matching angles...Imo...www.trickflow.com The inlet part # is TFS-51500002

#14 ·
If I was you I would use the GT 40 lower intake (used on EB & EL GT, ED Sprint and AU XR8) & Comp Cams Polymer Box type intake replacing the stock upper manifold half. It should flow heaps & since it's plastic it should save you about 20lbs in weight over stock upper manifold. Also all your sensors & hoses will fit & there isn't any modifications needed. Thats if you are on the budget. If you want to go all out for a race engine get a Trickflow R lower EFI intake & Vortech Box (it looks like their Mondo cooler on the outside but without the cooler core) type intake. This will flow around 380 to 400 cfm per runner and will work all the way past 8000rpm. All the serious racers in the US use this setup for their windsors. Trickflow is also releasing their box type intake soon to suit their Trickflow R lower intake.

#15 ·
Have you got any info on this manifold??? Or a website to visit (For both would be great)

#18 ·
Or the new tfs looks similar to T3's inlet..Match heads flow to inlets flow or you'll end up with a high reving engine and NO power !!!

#19 ·
forget the svo manifold.. go with A trick flow street heat or track heat $395 US or even the holley or edelbrock intake a bit dearer at $550US.. . www.summitracing.com
ships to your door in 2 weeks. the uppers all rotate to allow fitemnt on aussie cars.. the street heat 32+ hp the holley 39+HP...
do some research with guys that actually use all these intakes,, go to www.corral.net

#20 ·
gtcoupe95 said:
forget the svo manifold.. go with A trick flow street heat or track heat $395 US or even the holley or edelbrock intake a bit dearer at $550US.. . www.summitracing.com
ships to your door in 2 weeks. the uppers all rotate to allow fitemnt on aussie cars.. the street heat 32+ hp the holley 39+HP...
do some research with guys that actually use all these intakes,, go to www.corral.net
I thought the holley upper didn't rotate like the edelbrock & trickflow.

#24 ·
Yes the inlet should have come with some silver slotted tube that fits over fuel lines to protect it from fraying etc..It sits in slots on bottom inlet...Tight fit you can do it!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.