Ford Forums banner

Thermostat sensor locations on a 1979 351W block?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ponyboy9595 
#1 ·
Does anybody know a good location to install a water thermostat sensor on the water side of the block. I'm using an Edelbrock RPM Air-Gap 351W with EnduraShine finish (non-EGR) (#78154) which has a 1/2" NPT port for the heater and a 3/8" NPT for the fan relay sensor. The idea is to find a location for a gauge sensor which is 1/8" NPT. Any ideas? Please help. Thanks.

#2 ·
Is they're two ports on the rear of the intake, and one one the front? Might be able to get sneaky and use a bronze adapter... pick one up at your local home depot. Just be sure that if you go that route to fill your engine with coolant, to crack that loose just enough to bleed the air out or it wont work properly.

I have also seen people put them in the water drain in the side of the block. Hope it helps!

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. There are 2 at the front (both water ports) and one at the back (for air) I've thought of using a "T" fitting, but would prefer not to if there is one that I can use on the block somewhere. I haven't had the engine out to have a good look all around it, but if someone knows where there is a 1/8" NPT spot on the block (in the water system) then I need not worry about what to do. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.