Ford Forums banner

Tickford 220kw cam specs?

5K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  ebxr8240 
#1 ·

Does anyone have the Tickford 220kw cam specs, I want to compare cam grinds from Wade, I am going to get a standard roller cam reground to either 992A specs or Tickford 220Kw to suit standard roller lifters with a smaller base circle in a 69 302W not a 5.0L roller block.

I am going to be using turbos with this cam.

I would have sworn I posted a post similar to this today in this section, but I mustn’t have as it isn’t here now?

See less See more
#3 ·
He needs a re-ground for it has to be a smaller bass circle cam due to shorter lifter bores..
Remember he's using the old non roller block...

#5 ·
347 said:
comp cams make cams to suit anything !
i bet most major cam manufacturers do the same thing
never put a reground cam in a high reving hp engine
it will be a hand grenade !
Already had a few replies from Wade with prices, as you can see these profiles are not for high RPM nor will I be needing to pull high rpm because I will be using turbos.

For a trade price on a Wade reground roller to suit smaller base circle.

The trade price to grind your cam to the 992A is $137.00 + GST with freight payable both ways at your end. The only other thing that we would need to point out is that there are occasions when the cam needs re-heattreating. This almost doubles the price. We have to send the cam to Queensland for induction hardening. This is not always required.

#7 ·
347 yes you are right but this is the only way a roller can be run in the old flat tappet motor.. Besides with a roller they are relativly lobe friendly, though I'd use the steel camshaft...
In U.S this is done on alot of engines, esp street..

#10 ·
Thanks to another member now have the specs I needed.

Tickford 220Kw cam specs:
Intake Lift 468th
Exhaust Lift 472th
Intake Duration 269 degrees
Exhaust Duration 274 degrees

What is the common price for a new roller cam? around $700+?

#11 ·
I have std roller cam...
I imported an f 303 svo cam from Summit a few years back.By the time it got to my door it cost me $500.00 .The exchange rate is better now.I'm sure Crane have cams here now though for they advertise in Performance Ford mag...try www.cranecams.com.au

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.