Ford Forums banner

The time has come.

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  72Custom500 
#1 ·
Summer is finally here and that means I have time to rebuild my engine. I have decided to do a junkyard Clevor build there's a local place that sells Iron heads for $44 a head so I thought if it was that cheap why not it will give me good power gain over the stock Winsor heads. The only thing I wanted to know is can I use the Cleveland pistons if so what rods will I need to use because i know the stock Cleveland rods are almost the same as a Winsor just a smaller at the crank. My only worry is that Cleveland pistons have a taller compression height. I know the factory Winsor is 1.774 so I

#2 ·
Oops didn't actually finish so what I was wondering if there was some rod bearing combo to get the Cleveland pistons to fit or if they could be machined to fit. So on and so forth. I know that I need to get a custom manifold and to feed all of this is going to be a Holley 4160. All help is appreciated. Also I will post pictures and updates along the way, the heads are going to be the first parts to be acquired, I'm going with the 2V heads since his is my daily driver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.