turbo windsor - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2004, 02:52   #1 (permalink)

turbo windsor

ive got an ef v8 with the usual mods pacemaker extractors, 3in exhaust, underdrive pulleys, cold air intake, air filter, 3.9 gearing.

instead of doing the head first i was thinking of doing a single turbo set up running low boost on a stock engine my questions are.

how much will the stock motor with lower compresion hold until i save enuf for a strong bottom end then upping boost with alloy heads?

will tweecer be a good enough tunning tool and what fuel system will hold the extra psi?
what turbo will be a good match for now and when the boost is upped?

how much would i expect to pay for exhaust pipes and intake pipes made up i am also a 4th year mechanic so most of the work can be done by me except the pipe work?

thanks
ef05l is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2004, 02:57   #2 (permalink)

Re: turbo windsor

the twEECer is great to use for turbo's, the yanks have been using them a lot and have had awsome results, the problems that you will face as fa as twEECer is concerened is that we have only limited support for the ausssie eec's.

http://www.fpvtickfordclubwa.com.au/phpBB2/index.php

http://www.tweecer.com

http://www.icenet.com.au/~pie
eb2flyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:16   #3 (permalink)

And none for eecV as far as memory recals!?!? However chiptorque can fix that up to around the 8psi mark. Then if you go heads, cam and so on you'll be in the very high 200rwkw mark. On your block that prolly getting close to enough. (see: 500HP recomended limit).

Yeah go the turbo! A mild setup should work fine on your beast. keep it to 6-7psi and best to runn a cooler and you'll be happy motoring for quite a while. Give or take a tranny/gearbox. Turbo will really kick it in the pants down low too. 6psi from 2000rpm right through to 6000rpm. I would love to follow same track! Got plenty of friends in Melb with turbo's a few with pre ba falcon turbo's too and they are awesome.
TKTDSGM Member
AU2XLSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:38   #4 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

30 Lp or higher injectors and the appropriate maf for forced indution there are mafs even made specifically for blow through set up,though with single turbo a draw through could be used..Basically with the correct maf you won't have too many tuning hassles... The majer thing is to keep advance out of peek torque. Any detonation and you'll blow a head gasget if you are lucky...Go for 68 or so cc heads...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 19:09   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the help.ebxr8240 how was it for space in your engine bay with the twin setup. what side should it run there is limited space and i might have to ditch the air con not sure (hope not).
will it need to run off both sides, and how much would i expect to pay.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:39   #6 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

For single ,imo right where battery is.The air con compressor is in the way on passengers side...Cut out battery tray and mount whole tray in boot with battery box..There is NO space in my engine bay !!!!
R.I.P Possum...
Old 06-30-2004, 03:56   #7 (permalink)

i'm pretty sure that you can get blow through maf's, but you would have to import them from the U.S.

http://www.fpvtickfordclubwa.com.au/phpBB2/index.php

http://www.tweecer.com

http://www.icenet.com.au/~pie
eb2flyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:14   #8 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Pro M univer is the one....

http://www.promracing.com/ O/K ???
R.I.P Possum...
Old 06-30-2004, 04:59   #9 (permalink)

thanks for all the info so i should only run off one bank?
how much did it cost for your exhaust and intake pipes to be made up?
things i need list
injectors, bigger fuel pump, fuel pressure reg, tunning tool (chip or computer etc) maf
turbo, pipeing, wastegate, blow off valve
oil feed lines coolant lines
maybe intercooler and thicker head gaskets

sorry if im pissing you off but i thought the more i ask the more i learn about this project and since some of you have done it before.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:45   #10 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

You need a crossover exhaust pipe that meets just before turbo.Keep pipes small around 2"[each side] no more as you don't want gasses to expand too much before turbo..Imo a lazzy log style is all thats needed as it will still make enough power to split the block with enough boost / power...
Cometic head gasgets .060 thick.. And or mill some cc out chambers..
80mm Pro m univer maf calibrated to injectors
36 / 42 Lp injectors
Set timeing at 5*...
R.I.P Possum...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech