Ford Forums banner

Water in Oil!! Please Help

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  xpc66 
#1 ·
Hi,

Ive recently rebuilt my engine because it had water in the oil, while it was apart i put some go fast bits in it etc.. But after having the block n heads pressure tested, analysing the inlet manifold and valve cover. Its leaking more water in the oil, Ive replaced the head gaskets and inlet gaskets again hoping to solve the problem, but within 10mins of running it dumped more coolant into the oil. Ive tried everything and it seems nothing will work...

Would anyone have any suggestions on this please?

#2 ·
MaxPower said:
Hi,

Ive recently rebuilt my engine because it had water in the oil, while it was apart i put some go fast bits in it etc.. But after having the block n heads pressure tested, analysing the inlet manifold and valve cover. Its leaking more water in the oil, Ive replaced the head gaskets and inlet gaskets again hoping to solve the problem, but within 10mins of running it dumped more coolant into the oil. Ive tried everything and it seems nothing will work...

Were the head and block surfaces re-faced when the engine was rebuilt - have you run a straight edge over them - any marks on the surfaces?

Was the pressure testing done at operating temperature?

#3 ·
MaxPower said:
Hi,

I just had the same problem with an auII 220 thought it was a head gasket , it was actually a small hole in the timing case cover due to corrosion right behind the water pump very hard to see but it only takes a very small hole as when the car gets warm the cooling system is pressurized and will force water into your engine. goodluck :driver:

#4 ·
Yeah as said it is reasonably common for the timing cover to corrode through if the coolant isn't changed regularly, but be prepared for the $800 price tag of a new one. Otherwise I would look at the intake gasket, it would be uncommon for a head gasket to even let go once on a V8, not to mention twice (unless the heads were seriously warped, did you have them machined?)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.