What to do ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2002, 17:26   #1 (permalink)
V8EAFORD

What to do ?

Shit, Ive sourced An XR6 Motor & Trannie / A wrecked EB2 V8 Car with good running gear for a transplant . But now this dude I have found has a 351 Windsor EFI and Computer from a 90's F 150 he bought but it won't fit his car . I checked it out and it will bolt in to the EA Ok. Ive spent so much time planning for the 5 litre transplant, but now this opportunity has come up. ive got all the time I want to do the job , but if I go for the 351 then I'll need A V8 auto Etc and a few extra Mods. I reckon the Chassis will handle it cause Jim Mock is getting up to 250k/w out of the 4 litres. But what sort of trans etc ? Any idea's anyone on a good combination or is it just to much to chuck in a 351 ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2002, 21:13   #2 (permalink)

go the 351 if you have the money to do it.
i dont know who jim mock is but its the torque, not the power that breaks the chassis, so while his 250kw might be ok you need to know how much torque the engine has compared to the 351.
jamesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 03:46   #3 (permalink)
Martin

You may as well go the 351W as it will require the exact same work to install as the 302W would. But with the 351 youve a stronger block and a larger potential of capacity increase, you can go as far as 427Ci on the 351W block.

The only difference would be possibly a hole in the bonnet to clear the intake manifold, and custom made exhaust manifolds. (the standard upper F150 manifold wont clear without bonnet mods, but possible the upper GT40 may clear)

Stock power was only 150Kw/420Nm, but with decent heads, cam, intake etc 300Kw/600Nm is easy

Rego may require chassis mods, bigger brakes etc though....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech