Ford Forums banner

what heads are on what?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  xdv8 
#1 ·
looking at the part no's at work in the catalogue au I & II's have the same head gt40p i believe, but there is also different no's for the 220kw eng stateing cast iron or alloy between t series & xr8III so are these heads much better than the gt40p ?

#2 ·
The 220kw XR8 heads are modified cast iron GT40P's. Thay have larger stainless steel high swirl 1.90" and 1.60" valves (up from 1.84" & 1.54" from memory), some slight porting in the exhaust and intake runners and are shaved down to 58cc to increase compression. With those mods they flow nearly 20cfm per intake runner more than the stock GT40P's, and much more on the exhaust (cant remember the figures though). The T-series got aluminium GT40P heads which obviously flow really quite well straight out of the box and are lighter than the cast version, but are also much more expensive.

#3 ·
thanks for that edxr8 you & slipper have been very helpfull,seeing im used to clevo's. sorry the replies are late coming back but i'm having net problems getting cut off so i have to give it away sometimes before i kill another mouse! rgds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.