What Month Did The 220kw Au Come Out - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2005, 17:55   #1 (permalink)

What Month Did The 220kw Au Come Out

FIRST UP I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY G'DAY TO ALL FELLOW FORD LOVERS. Now to my question i know the 220kw xr8 came out in 2001 but what month i thought it was june is this correct,also what goodies did they come standard with.i have a very slim opportunity good get my hands on one for 24,990 with 70,000 on the clock,unfortunately its an auto but never mined. thanks for the help.
EX.COP 5.0 EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2005, 18:02   #2 (permalink)
ACT FPV-TC member

Re: What Month Did The 220kw Au Come Out

I think it was may. Till november then the AUIII was released.

AUII XR8 220kW manual, Liquid Silver, leather, Momo wheel & stick, sunroof, premium sound, premium brakes, bodykit, tints,
BMC filter, custom air ducting, Pacemaker extractors, high flow cats, custom 3" exhaust...
Oo==oO
Liquid_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 00:12   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Mate Wasn't Sure,did They Come With Roller Rockers And A Different Cam To The 200 Kw. You Know I Have All This Info. Somewhere But My Wife Put It In A Safe Place, And You Know What That Means.
EX.COP 5.0 EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 18:11   #4 (permalink)
ACT FPV-TC member

an extract from http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring...s/2_07_for.htm :

" For instance, a new camshaft designed by Tickford features more aggressive timing and the upper intake manifold is also opened up to enable the installation of a unique Tickford-designed 70mm throttle-body.

Add to this new cylinder heads with improved breathing and performance, new, low-friction roller rockers that allow the engine to rev higher and deliver more consistent valve operation and at the end of it all, a special high flow exhaust manifold and system is fitted, which increases performance considerably. "

also check this thread: http://fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=78526

i know the exhaust on a 220kW consists of extractors and a basic "twin system". Note that i was told that the 220kW motor from the XR8 is different tot he 220kW motor from the Tseries. this is what the man at the ford dealership said.

AUII XR8 220kW manual, Liquid Silver, leather, Momo wheel & stick, sunroof, premium sound, premium brakes, bodykit, tints,
BMC filter, custom air ducting, Pacemaker extractors, high flow cats, custom 3" exhaust...
Oo==oO
Liquid_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 19:06   #5 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

The early T series cars had alloy heads, but at the same time as the XR8 went to 220kW they changed to iron heads. Believe it or not the iron heads were actually reworked by Yella Terra!
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech