What width rockers for Edelbrock heads - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2002, 06:38   #1 (permalink)
Battens PerformanceTuning

What width rockers for Edelbrock heads

Does anyone know which yellaterra 1.72:1 rocker assembly to bolt onto Edelbrock performer alloy heads.
I have been told that stock Ford heads have a rocker tie down measurement of 46.2mm from centre to centre which part number ST2027 or ST2028 will fit and that the Edelbrock heads have a centre to centre of 47.5mm which part number ST2022 or ST2023 will fit.

Apparently the ST2022 or ST2023 assemblies are wider to cater for the Edelbrock 6037 heads.

Any personal experiences would be good to find out.

Thanx,

Barry
EDxr8EBgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2002, 06:51   #2 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

I take it you are talking about pedestal mount??? Ask Edelbrock the manufacturers of the heads or ask over @ www.corral.net click on forums /Windsor or do a search o/k...Have you asked Yella Terra ???

By the way in my opinion stud mount is better but more exp due to guide plates/hardened pushrods, but more durable...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 19:50   #3 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

Stud mounted is far stronger than pedestal mounted.... Whilst you are at it try & get a Rocker stud girdle for em as well $$$ well spent mind you taller r/covers will be needed as well as an intake spacer..... Previous experience

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 02:28   #4 (permalink)

re

Mate unless you have a GM 6/71 Blower on the engine & you are planing to run the engine at over 8000rpm the stud girdles are useless especialy on the Yella terra rockers which totaly eliminate the need for all that. If I remeber the Yella Terra Titanium (the race rockers) don't even need the guide plates.... E-mail yella terra and ask them what rockers do you need. I think they have a list of all the heads & rocker types that would fit so go on their web page and check it out.

http://www.yellaterra.com.au
I8AHSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 02:45   #5 (permalink)

MATE Im happy about my car being able to sit on the redline all day everyday...... & studgirdles happen to take out any flex whatsoever within the valvetrain.... & you do know what the guideplates are for dont ya??

Old 06-23-2002, 05:19   #6 (permalink)

No worries dudes.
Was just wondering about the bolt spacing thats all, wanted to know if anyone else bothered to findout if at all they owned a set of 6037's
I was running rollers on there before which were on there for years, Peak hp was 6000rpm flat on the dyno and had no trouble.
Got someone to measure the distance today and confirm it had a spacing of 47.5mm so I will go for the ST2023 p/n
Old 06-23-2002, 05:33   #7 (permalink)

Hey barry just a "Q" for ya mate... Was there a reason you went with Edelbrock heads considering theres a world of Ally heads going at the mo... ie Canfield or even TrickFlow??.
thanx mate

Old 06-23-2002, 05:41   #8 (permalink)

Year there was,
Not a lot to choose from 7 years ago at a reasonable price.
This donk has been running since 95 when I purchase the 94 ED and rebuilt it at 40k.
Still runs ok, just wanted to give it a spruce up untill I do a full rebuild at 150k.

Barry
Old 06-23-2002, 05:53   #9 (permalink)

Well Ive been thinking of getting rid of my TrickFlow heads... Done up by HiFlow induction tech. in favour of a set of Canfield heads. Apparently you can get alot more out of em CFM wise than TFS/Wedge's

Old 06-23-2002, 06:37   #10 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Not such a hassle here yet but are the Canfields polution legal ??
With a stroker the T.W "R" series may be better...Believe me the T.W inlet makes heaps of difference over Cobra inlet...
But you notice with the heads, they mainly flow better with a high lift cam around 550-600+ lift.. For the high flow heads now there's some power to be made!!...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech