where are the reputable Ford Windsor workshops in BRIS / GC - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2004, 01:37   #1 (permalink)
XR82GO

where are the reputable Ford Windsor workshops in BRIS / GC

Guys just trying to get a list of reputable Workshops that are expirienced with Windsors in Au xr8's.

anywhere along the gold coast or Brisbane is fine.
If you have contact details can you please list them.

thanks guys
Andrew

sylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2004, 02:01   #2 (permalink)
HORNY LITTLE ANIMAL

Re: where are the reputable Ford Windsor workshops in BRIS / GC

For what you want to do try Bob Romano (www.bob.romano.com.au or ask the Guys at ChipTorque for a recommendation more down Gold Coast way.
AUGhiaV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:39   #3 (permalink)

The best is Redcliff Dyno and Performance. The owner Steve doesn't speak shit, knows his stuff, is very professional and he charges quite reasonably.
not ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 04:23   #4 (permalink)

dont go to bobs, he cant even tune a holley. Had bad experiance when he did a friends 56 chev, bob made it run so lean it melted a piston. then he didnt want to help after that. also i had my car dynoed there and took to 2 other dynos on the same day , his dyno was the lowest reading (tightest) of the 3 tests, the other 2 were pretty close. Bobs good on wrx and jap crap i think,
steve at redcliff is a nice man and has many hours into ford V8 drag racing,
I would take to repco at caloundra, or behind repco, hes very good also there is a guy of lytton rd bulimba .cant recall shop name
Old 08-06-2004, 04:59   #5 (permalink)
XR82GO

Bob and Chris seem to be able to tune the injected Windsors pretty good.

Take grunters 200kw spec au2 xr8 for example Only mods being 3.7's and a supercharger kit and he runs 12.5's. and made 290rwkw @ the holden v's ford show in brisbane.
Also any little problem that has come up with his car at XR club outings even if Grunter didnt notice it but Bob himself did he would ask Grant to bring it in on monday as he didnt feel it was at its best and look over it for free and get it back to 100%.

Chris does the Tuning at romano's as far as i know. And from what i have heard/seen he does a ok job.

My main gripe with Romano's is the price he charges for anything and everything...

sylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 01:03   #6 (permalink)

I have never ever heard anything bad about Redcliff Dyno & Performance, as for Romano's I will not publicly make any comment on their work.
not ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 01:24   #7 (permalink)
known as tibbo

I too have heard Romanos are over priced, i also have a friend, paid TOP dollar at romanos adn was never quite satisfied.. I *think* Romanos is one of the few places that has a AWD Dyno in Brisbane, that explains his WRX clients..

I have spoken to Steve from RDP and have always found him to be a straight talker.. No crap.. They have had some awesome 'in-house' cars and some as good customers cars.. My only gripe with Redcliffe is the popularity makes it hard to get things done on the spot so to speak.. Usually have to book in 2/3 weeks in advance
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 06:03   #8 (permalink)

u need luck by the sounds of it, just had my ladies merc in for service , after all the tech heads couldnt work out whats wrong with the performance, i then told them it needs a new cat converter....what was so hard about that? and im a boiler maker
Old 08-07-2004, 06:10   #9 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

You will always get the horror stories no matter who you look at. Bob Romano Performance, I'm sure have had customers for whatever reason may not be happy, just as I've heard of a couple of the Redcliffe Dyno & Perf customers having had dramas. No workshop, just like any business, will ever make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time no matter what they do.

My 2 cents, as Sylox mentioned, I've got nothing but praise for the work the Romano team have performed, and continue to perform on my car and the results show.

the house of grunt
Click on the above link to go to a site about my cars, old and new.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 03:37   #10 (permalink)

Closer up to sunny coast but Widowmaker in caloundra is an excellant choice IMO. The work they have done is top notch and they are no bullshit type of people.
Paul is the owner and he will be doing all the work on my car that i can't.
TKTDSGM Member
AU2XLSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech

« Bbk | q for racer »