Ford Forums banner

Will AU XR8 manifold fit onto EB XR8 motor?

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  blueoval 
#1 ·
I have an EB XR8 with an AU XR8 throttle body, pacemaker extractors, cold air induction and K&N fitercharger currently but am planning on fitting a decent intake manifold to it to improve kw figures. Does anyone know if lower intake manifold will bolt onto standard EB 5ltr heads or maybe an EL XR8 intake?

The other option is to spend $1200 on edelbrock 5.0 perfomer manifold which will boost an estimated 30hp at the flywheel!

I would prefer to get an EL or AU intake as it would cost less but nearly have the same cfm, maybe a bit less as an edelbrock manifold.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

blueoval:p

#3 ·
I have an EL2 upper available for a bargain price! The AU lower won't fit, just ask Pigdog.. he was looking to get an AU lower and my upper but the AU lower has fitting issues on non-AU applications.

Just be aware that an EL2 lower won't be cheap either - you may well be better off waiting for an upper/lower set to come on the market 2nd hand, or look at a new Edelbrock pair - if you are, fire a PM to LunaticSVT as he can get all your new Ford bits in the States and import them for a great price.

#5 ·
thanks for the replies fellas. I might be better off looking for an EL2 XR intake instead. It just depends on the price difference involved and what difference the cfm is compared to the edelbrock intakes.

Any suggestions as to price of a 2nd hand EL2 XR8 upper & lower intake and diffrences in performance?

cheers
blueoval

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.