windsor distributor - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2004, 15:23   #1 (permalink)
trevor

windsor distributor

trying to remove a distributor from my 302w
it is a large mallary one
have remove the clamp but it still will not come out
is there anything inside the engine that would stop it coming out

thanks
trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2004, 16:10   #2 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Re: windsor distributor

Sounds like dissy drive and oil pump drive are stuck together??? With bolt out try turning engine over both ways? Twist rotor button either way, it may have turned alittle on oil drive???
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 22:43   #3 (permalink)
trevor

thanks will try that
trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 03:07   #4 (permalink)
blue66coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
Sounds like dissy drive and oil pump drive are stuck together??? With bolt out try turning engine over both ways? Twist rotor button either way, it may have turned alittle on oil drive???
Almost guaranteed, thin shaft twists in hex and sticks real good, to get it out will probably have to drop and put spanner on the shaft otherwise will drop the clip into the pan. Ps if U use the ARP drive the clip cant slide down due to the thick shaft.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:45   #5 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Ha recently on my new engine it took three days to get mine back in!!! All the experts kept saying the cam gears should mesh first etc..Like Holdens...Like I gave a f*rken rats about G.M dissies at the time...My son who is a brck layer put it in- in 30 seonds...Fargen fargen....
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 02:05   #6 (permalink)
WHATS THAT NOISE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
yep i had exactly the same prob...but kept pulling and twisting until i heard that fatefull noise...clink mmmm was that the oil pump drive landing in the sump? fortunately it only landed back against the oil pump but it still took a couple of brain numbing hours to figure how to get the shaft back into the pump without droping the sump or in my case removing the entire engine to do so..(is in a corty and there is 20mm between the sump and xmember) i finaly cut the end off an OLD dissy and welded it to a screwdriver to guide the top and used a bent coat hanger to guide the bottom of the shaft back in the pump...needless to say im not removing the dissy ever again until im ready to pull the motor out and put a moly ARP drive in...
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech

« EGR Spacer | Coils »