Ford Forums banner

Windsor Pedestal Mount Roller Rockers - what maintains their alignment?

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  twr7cx 
#1 ·
I have a 5.6L 342cui Ford Windsor motor factory fitted in my 2002 Ford AU Series 3 Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute. The motor was hand built by Tickford using a variety of parts from additional manufacturers. The heads are the Ford GT40P units.

The roller rockers were supplied by Yella Terra ( Yella Terra - Yella Terra high performance engine parts ) and they were manufacturers to Tickfords specifications in a 1.72 : 1 ratio. One of my roller rockers has been damaged.

I am considering upgrading the roller rockers and have identified the Scorpion Performance Endurance Series roller rockers in a 1.72 : 1 pedestal mount configuration as a potential suitable replacement - http://www.scorpioncheckout.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=198

My concern relates to maintaining the geometry/alignment of the roller rockers. With the Yella Terra units, they are grouped in pairs with a common shaft running between them - there is two bolts securing the pair of roller rockers to the pedestal on the GT40P head:

Clearly the setup stops any chances of the roller rocker coming out of alignment between the pushrod and valve.

With the 'aftermarket' roller rockers available, including those from Scorpion Performance, the roller rockers seem to be individual units. What maintains their alignment? Surely if there is only a single bolt through the centre securing them to the head, there is a chance that they can pivot around on it?

Below are pictures of the valve train setup and GT40P head setup that I have, if anyone is able to recommend an alternative set of 1.72 : 1 ratio roller rockers that I should consider:

See less See more
#2 ·
Rocker alighnment is usually done by pushrod guide plates or a recess in the tip of the rocker that sits over the valve tip. As these are roller tip then I would guess you need push rod guide plates.

Can you purchase the original Yella Terra ones and then you can be sure it will work correctly.

#5 ·
Yep, tried Ford as well. They have no listing on this motor as the Ford factory assembled it as a 5.0L 302W, then the vehicle was sent over the road to the Tickford workshop were the motor was removed from the vehicle, stripped and worked -

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.