Winsor Prices? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2004, 01:34   #1 (permalink)
In Bits

Question Winsor Prices?

Hi I am looking at repowering an XE Falcon ute with a fuel injected winsor motor. I would like to know a reasonable price for an engine and gearbox with all electrics for a conversion. Ive looked at a couple, an NC engine for $4000 with supposedly 110000 kms and a EF XR8 engine for $3500( unknown ks). The other thing I would like to know is if I plan on using this for heavy towing will the auto gearbox handle it or am I better off buying an engine and using an american AOD box, the one with out the electronic overdrive? What is the difference with an EF XR8 engine over a standard EF V8? Has anyone else done this conversion?

Thanks Corey.
Xauterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2004, 00:27   #2 (permalink)
In Bits

Re: Winsor Prices?

Hi Guys and Girls,
Do I have this question in the wrong section? I just mainly wanted to know reasonable prices
Thanks
Corey
Xauterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 01:09   #3 (permalink)
Still Dazed and Confused

You have pm.

If there's commotion coming from the passenger seat, and nothing but earth going round and round outside the windows,.......then everything is not as it seems!

The only time you have too much fuel, is when you're on fire!
rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 01:33   #4 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

You can pick up complete engine/transmission packages anywhere from $3k to $5k depending on how many kms they have done. The EB-EL1 XR8 engines only have different computer programming compared with the standard V8's. The 4-speed auto should be fine for heavy towing, just fit the largest trans cooler possible and keep it well serviced.

There are a couple of 5L injected XF's around so it is possible. As far as I can recall, you need the engine mounts of an XD/XE V8 or an XG V8. Get an XG trans crossmember or modify the standard one if required. The rest is just really wiring, running piping etc.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech