Ford Forums banner

XR8 inlet manifold

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  ebxr8240 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the XR8 inlet manifold is different to the standard inlet manifold in any way other than cosmetic?

#3 ·
Same except for TE50 stroker??? T series may be port matched to heads??? But bassic XR's are the same...

#4 ·
I'll go with sparkels on this and say what model, but pre AU they had the in line upper lower manifold then on the AU post they have the explorer upper and lower, with the T3 having 8 tubes inside the upper then port matched to the lower.

#5 ·
Clarification

I left the model bit out because I wanted to know the difference across the full range. The reason behind the question is that I feel my totally stock ED has a lot of hidden kW lurking. My plan is to fit pacemaker headers with a 2.5" system, 1.7 roller rockers, a ported head and a better inlet manifold. Focusing on the inlet manifold, is the XR8 item any different to the standard item, or more simply, am I wasting my money by buying one and if not which one should I get, keeping in mind cost and availability.

#6 ·
I would possible think you r wasting money on 1.7 RR, use 1.6's with a higher lift cam, and may save you a little money, although this would be info for an owner of an AUII XR8, so i don't know what type of RR's you have in the ED, but the rest sounds fairly run of the mill stuff. Possibly see if you can find a second hand GT40 upper and lower manifold and that will help heaps.

#8 ·
Yep what TwinPiston said. You can get great results with 1.6 RR's and a complimentary cam, and it would certainly pay to buy an intake manifold 2nd hand. They are far too pricey for the gains when paying full new price! Ebay has a fair bit of Ford stuff, mostly in the US, but keep an eye out.

#9 ·
The GT40 upper was fitted to the EL GT and AU1 TS50 from memory. I picked one up second hand for a bargain price, along with a phenolic spacer.

#11 ·
Intake manifolds

Plenty of stuff on Ebay in the States, problem is finding someone willing to ship to Oz, best bet is to mail them and ask prior to bidding, sometimes they will even if their user profile says that they don't.

http://search.ebaymotors.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Febaymotors%2Fws%2F&siteid=100&from=R8&s_partnerid=2&categorymap=6000&category0=6000&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&ebaytag1=ebayreg&query=ford+gt40

Worth a look any way just to see whats around and what it's worth in the States.

#12 ·
Just go Edelbrock or Trick Flow..$1k...
The Gt 40 type came out on E.L 2 but still used E7 heads till au 2.. Put it this way a 200 kw engine is the same no matter what it went in. Same with 180kw same, same..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.