5.4L meets fox - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Modular Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 15:32   #1 (permalink)

5.4L meets fox

Hello I'm a new member and am hoping to pick a few brains about the swap I just started. I have an 86 GT, it's current combo is a 306 with a powerdyne s/c(ya I know they are trash but it came with the car), I have a built AOD backing it. Delivered yesterday was a 2005 F-150 motor. 5.4L 3V with all accesories and wiring harness (1500 seemed like a great deal I just couldn't pass up). I am now trying to get it on to the Fox. Here are the problems I have incurred and a few solutions I came up with thus far, anyone who could help out with the others would be much appreciated.

1: K-member: I understand that the modular uses a different K member so I need to swap to a newer one. But will the 5.4 bolt to say UPR 4.6L member? I know the 05 3v stangs use a special motor mount, the 5.4 doesn't seem to use the same one but I havn't really had a good chance to look

2: Throttle: The 5.4 uses the electronic throttle, I was planning on just fabbing a tube from where the throttle is now (in the center of the intake like on a 4.6L 2v with no plenum) to swing out where the 5.0 is and use the 75MM off the 5.0. But that's alot of fab I really don't want to do. I see that Assasinator (a member on here) did the swap into a 96 stang and used the 4.6L 2v stuff and got it to work. is that just a bolt on?

3 Tranny: My AOD is a built PA tranny rated to 600HP and I would like to keep it. So I found out that lentec makes an adaptor plate. Any thoughts on those? I already have a manual valve body so that cures the lack of TV cable dillema.

4: stock computer: Unlike the assasinator I will be using the 5.4 computer (no reason to give up the variable valve), is there amything special I should know about it? I already know about the PATS system and will disable it, but what about when it looks for the tranny? stuff like that.

5: fuel system: I will be convering to a return style with an adjustable regulator. I plan on mounting the regulator between the rails in the front like alot of race cars do, does that sound feasible? also what would be the best way to fit the lines? Screw in? oversized hose over the stock rail (which blew my mind BTW, twice the size of my 5.0's rails)

Thanks for your time
the idiot who thought a 5.4L in a fox would be a good idea
5.486fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Modular Tech