Ford Forums banner

Boss 260

19K views 91 replies 31 participants last post by  rod c 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

We know the BA XR-8 is 260kw. Does anyone know what it is at the rear wheels?
Also if one was going to do some simple mods to get the best bang for buck what would be suggested? I assume exhaust and intake, I looked at the Herrods site but they dont really go into much detail. Can anyone recommend anything/anyone else?

#77 ·
the SS cold air induction is best used as a package try it with a 80mm throttle body.. and SS have more plans to come for there induction. there a big company, there always working on improving things....

#78 ·
#79 ·
no he must still be around, try a search with google.com.au select australia sites only

#80 ·
JoeG said:
Anyone know whats happened to the Battens website? It used to be here:

http://www.norcom.net.au/~bpt/bpt1.html

Has Barry stopped trading or gone out of business?
I was talking to Barry 2 weeks ago and he was saying they where going to upgrade their website soon so I would say that is what they are doing.

You can contact him on 0417 918922 or email Barry: bpt@norcom.net.au

#81 ·
rod c said:
I was talking to Barry 2 weeks ago and he was saying they where going to upgrade their website soon so I would say that is what they are doing.

You can contact him on 0417 918922 or email Barry: bpt@norcom.net.au
Or just try http://norcom.net.au/~bpt/ that webpage you referenced is out of date

Just checkout the new site and noticed, hey that GT engine looks familiar, it is mine on the air intake page

#82 ·
Thanks guys...Yeah, I just emailed Barry and all is well. He is still selling the induction kits...really good price too. $165.00 plus postage if you already have a K&N filter. Best bang for your buck by a mile!!

Looks easy to fit as well...no need to cut up your filter housing or anything like that. For that price you get a new filter housing with the hole pre-drilled, so you can keep your existing one.

Top stuff Barry!...J.

#84 · (Edited)
About the SS throttle body. THis is from their site:
http://www.ssinductions.com.au/html/throttle_body.html

"The SS Inductions' Big Mouth Throttle Body is manufactured from Billet Aluminium with a 78mm butterfly, which, after extensive testing, was found to be the optimum size for overall performance. Standard throttle body has a 74mm butterfly that modified throttle bodies available on the market still use – therefore benefits achieved are limited."

Also...

"Average Power Gains: Up to 10kW at rear wheels when used in conjunction with an SS Inductions' cold air system "

Does that mean 10kws (from intake) + 10kw (from throttlebody) = 20kw
Or does it mean 10kw (from intake and throttlebody)?

Either way, they have almost admitted themselves that its not the best bang for your buck device.

#85 ·
I can't understand how a bigger throttle body can help a engine that has already been affected by having 2 inlet valves causing the lack of low down torque. It has that much air when the 2 valves open ATM it does not know what to do with.
When I fitted a 600 Holley double pumper to my old 351 the low down torque was terrible because the primary size butterflies were the same size as the secondaries......
Just my opinion.

#88 ·
fullthrottle said:
About the SS throttle body. THis is from their site:
http://www.ssinductions.com.au/html/throttle_body.html

"The SS Inductions' Big Mouth Throttle Body is manufactured from Billet Aluminium with a 78mm butterfly, which, after extensive testing, was found to be the optimum size for overall performance. Standard throttle body has a 74mm butterfly that modified throttle bodies available on the market still use – therefore benefits achieved are limited."
Fullthrottle, you posted the holden section. This is the Boss section

The SS Inductions' CNC Billet Aluminium Big Mouth Throttle Body with a 80mm butterfly suits Ford BA V8 range and comes complete with sealed bearings and adjustable idle screw. Full fitting instructions are supplied to swap switches etc from the standard throttle body. This is a non-exchange item which allows original equipment to be retained.

The bit about the adjustable idle screw sounds good though, especially with Herrods headers these things idle terribly, a little more on idle may fix that

#90 ·
Sorry guys, but this is my BA XR6, the SS cold air induction has made a hell of a differance along with full Herrod 2.5" system inclueding headers and a K&N filter. ss cai $350 Autobarn, Herrod system $2250, K&N filter $125.

#92 ·
shane3 said:
Sorry guys, but this is my BA XR6, the SS cold air induction has made a hell of a differance along with full Herrod 2.5" system inclueding headers and a K&N filter. ss cai $350 Autobarn, Herrod system $2250, K&N filter $125.
Shane, did you fit the spacers in the mouth yourself?.....and I meant to say in another thread, your car looks great mate....love the wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.