Ford Forums banner

Boss Weight?

10K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  DGROMS.com 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how much the Boss's Block weighs?
And what the entire engine weighs?

Thanks

#9 ·
So the only advantage an all alloy BOSS would have over the current BOSS would be 43Kg....Does an alloy block have any other advantages other than weight?

#11 ·
aston said:
So the only advantage an all alloy BOSS would have over the current BOSS would be 43Kg....Does an alloy block have any other advantages other than weight?
I'll take a 40kg weight loss any day, 40kg less in the front of these cars will make a huge difference, especially in handling

#13 ·
BOSS 330.

I take it that our 5.4lt motors here in Auzzie are the same as the States 5.4lt motors? In that I mean the bottom end side of things! If this is the case, what conrods would you recommend to beef up the bottom end, as I believe this will be the first thing to go when these motors begin to produce serious hp? And what cost would we be looking at for a set?

Cheers.

AGRO!!!!!

#15 ·
Boss 330 said:
A aluminum 4.6 block is 89 pounds. Iron 4.6 is 154. There is no production 5.4 aluminum block available at this time. Iron 5.4 ...184#
Boss 330, What is this on http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/. Is this not right. Aluminium 5.4 Block 95 pounds

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.