Ford Forums banner

Post UR BA XR8 Boss 260 Dyno Results Here.

101K views 88 replies 37 participants last post by  Pauldale 
#1 ·
Post UR BA XR8 Boss 260 Dyno Results Here.
I'v ordered mine and want to know what proud owners are getting at the wheels :) , Oh and if you want to talk about your pleasures with the Boss then feel free ;)

Mongrell

#30 ·
bedflute said:
low kms on the clock then revving the **** out of a new car three or four times in a row on a dyno is running ur new ford in just dont sound rite to me :AAHHH:
Just a thought, make sure you have correct OIL temp b4 you stand on it. Thats my rule. no matter what k's.

rings dont take long to seal up. ive put race engines on the dyno, given them curry (after oil warm up) and you can hear the rings when they seal up. ive pulled them down soon after, just the same wear as a "carefully" run in motor.

But i cant stress enough, make sure your oil is to temp. it takes a lot longer to get oil to temp than water.

#31 ·
Hello,
Here's my dyno graph. My BA XR8 has Herrod headers(old style), Herrod cats back mild steel system, Battens underdrive pulleys, Herrod Helix spacer and SS Inductions cold air intake with BMC air filter. I'm thinking that with the above mods my car should be pushing out somewhere near 230kw plus at wheels. I put my car in for an install of an Unichip, the attached graph is before and after. The Unichip supplied was faulty with flat spots in acceleration, graph was produced with this unit. Parameters were then moved to a brand new unit. The car was either a tad slower or no better against the stopwatch. It felt a bit better to drive but lost it's meaty sound. I'm also thinking the before measurement is crap and the after measurement is somewhere around what my car has without the Unichip, beware!

Attachments

#34 ·
Hello,
I think with a computer mine could be in the 240kw range but yes your 260kw XR8 sounds good. How do I get those 20 or so extra kw's?

#35 ·
i was on the APS Dyno yesterday morning i am up to 229.4 rwkw mines an auto...

#37 ·
dont know had all done a while back many threads on my ute this was my 2nd chip it was put on about 4 months back after we through the Xede out....
Rodderz has simular mods to me and has a manual 240 rwkw...the manauls have much better Dyno numbers..

#38 ·
Have had my much modified Herrod BA XR8 dynoed by Rob Herrod and by blackwoods dyno in Adelaide.

Herrods - 298.7rwkw

Blackwoods - 297.9rwkw

Have just moved interstate, so when I find the dyno sheets I will put them on here to confirm Im not dreaming.......

#39 ·
teza68 said:
Have had my much modified Herrod BA XR8 dynoed by Rob Herrod and by blackwoods dyno in Adelaide.

Herrods - 298.7rwkw

Blackwoods - 297.9rwkw

Have just moved interstate, so when I find the dyno sheets I will put them on here to confirm Im not dreaming.......
you have a blower on that car ?

#40 ·
teza68 said:

Herrods - 298.7rwkw

Blackwoods - 297.9rwkw

Hi Teza68,
Care to tell me what you have done to get those figures.

#44 ·
v8capri said:
i know it's not an xr8 but oh well
my ba ghia 220kw 3v did 174kw @ wheels std and 184 with cat back system, if anyone is interested i will post the sheet.
thats allright, manual or auto??
any thought on getting a EDIT done on it??

#46 ·
v8capri said:
it is a Fairmont Ghia so it is Auto

Has there been much progress with the edit on a 220kw 3V engine ?
CAPA's site has it listed as available, can't remeber the exact figures it ended up with though.

#47 ·
Mine is a 2004 BA XR8 manual ute with 6000k on the clock
248rwhp. dunno is that is good or not. the ute is stock as a rock.
Had another ute on the dyno just after mine. Exactly the same model and age and k,s and it put out 263rwhp.
I think maybe dyno operrator full of Sh*t.

#51 ·
xr8edute said:
Mine is a 2004 BA XR8 manual ute with 6000k on the clock
248rwhp. dunno is that is good or not. the ute is stock as a rock.
Had another ute on the dyno just after mine. Exactly the same model and age and k,s and it put out 263rwhp.
I think maybe dyno operrator full of Sh*t.
that's rear wheel HP not KW?
with chasis type ( rear wheel dyno, a few things like tyre pressure can effect end results, also dyno opperator & the gear they run it in on dyno. but a good opperator would check all that.
Cheers Lakes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.