Ford Forums banner

Post UR BA XR8 Boss 260 Dyno Results Here.

101K views 88 replies 37 participants last post by  Pauldale 
#1 ·
Post UR BA XR8 Boss 260 Dyno Results Here.
I'v ordered mine and want to know what proud owners are getting at the wheels :) , Oh and if you want to talk about your pleasures with the Boss then feel free ;)

Mongrell

#52 ·
GTP-330 said:
thats some really nice power mate for a stocky.. shocking af graph though
yeah, i know, the a/f's up the shit.
that dyno run was on a 36 degree day in Brisbane running standard unleaded.

the engine isn't really stock. the day after i picked it up it had a problem so it went back to Ford for a couple of weeks. FPV rebuilt the engine with some tweaks according to the engine tech. but Ford say it was rebuilt to XR8 specs. who knows what it is. i do know it has heaps more power than any other standard XR8.

#55 ·
Jim, Paynters Repco Dyno at West Gosford did the tune, Nathan is a wix with these new boss motors (he looks after a number of them on the Central Coast & Newcastle areas now) & will be going with his laptop at the next private day, He will tweak the settings a little to suit conditions on the day & we'll see what we end up with. Other mods are 2 1/2 system with redback mufflers, Hurricane headers, H/M cold air & K & N filter. Hope to see ya there Jim, what are you bringing???????

#56 ·
Ill be in my BA XR8 A4(vixen), at the moment its stock apart from the herrods catback, its my first time at the drags so im not expecting anything great, just want to see what me plus the car can do before i start spending cash on more mods. Ill be sure to pester you on the day about all your mods lol:)
Your car sounds awesome, i cant wait to see it in action!!

Cheers
Jim

#57 ·
BA330ci said:
Had unichip fitted, now at 240.6rwkw, looking for high 12s at next WSID track day
Jeez high 12's, you running the standard tyre's or running with slicks. Either way good luck.

There's a bloke running around with 26orwkw in a BA ute and his best is 13.2 with a 1.8 6oft.

#58 ·
XRQTOR said:
Jeez high 12's, you running the standard tyre's or running with slicks. Either way good luck.

There's a bloke running around with 26orwkw in a BA ute and his best is 13.2 with a 1.8 6oft.
That would be with a drag radial not factory fitted tyre big difference.My mates BA GT ran a 13.4 @110 on factory fitted tyres big difference.Just goes to show how tyres pay the biggest role in 1/4 mile times.

#60 ·
Wade rocks said:
Had my Boss ute on the dyno the other day.
233rwkw's-6000km's
Full zorst, BPT underdrives,herrods helix, ss cai, Stealth edit(base tune, awaiting custom tune)

Is that the Boss 260 or 290?

I could be off track here, but I would have thought 290kw at the engine should show 220-230 at the rears, any one want to share there stock results

#61 ·
ratter said:
Is that the Boss 260 or 290?

I could be off track here, but I would have thought 290kw at the engine should show 220-230 at the rears, any one want to share there stock results
Wade Rocks has a Boss 260....

My stock figure for the Boss 260 was 198.5rwkw, now is 233.5

Cheers

Brad

#62 ·
XR8888 said:
Wade Rocks has a Boss 260....

My stock figure for the Boss 260 was 198.5rwkw, now is 233.5

Cheers

Brad

Thanks for clearing that up, what have you done to yours to get an extra 35 rwkw?

#63 ·
ratter said:
Thanks for clearing that up, what have you done to yours to get an extra 35 rwkw?
Unichip
DiFillipo Headers and high flow cats with dual 3" system
BPT Underdrive pullies
Au XR8 snorkel into K & N filter

Can ran a 13.42 @105mph 1.90 60' on Saturday night...but that was on Nittos and thats another story :crapon:

Cheers

Brad

#65 ·
XR8888 said:
Unichip
DiFillipo Headers and high flow cats with dual 3" system
BPT Underdrive pullies
Au XR8 snorkel into K & N filter

Can ran a 13.42 @105mph 1.90 60' on Saturday night...but that was on Nittos and thats another story :crapon:

Cheers

Brad
Hi Brad, shit you really got your car off the line :driver: (1.9 6oft). 13.42 is a fantastic result for a 26o esp with only basic mods. What size Nitto's you running, they the 555R's or the RZ series. As soon as im up for new rubber im getting some Nitto's for the back of mine, just got to figure out how to squeeze 285's onto the standard rims.

#66 ·
XRQTOR said:
Hi Brad, shit you really got your car off the line :driver: (1.9 6oft). 13.42 is a fantastic result for a 26o esp with only basic mods. What size Nitto's you running, they the 555R's or the RZ series. As soon as im up for new rubber im getting some Nitto's for the back of mine, just got to figure out how to squeeze 285's onto the standard rims.
Leigh that time was done on the 555R's 245x45x17....Mate good luck on finding some Nittos....be easier to find Osama Bin Laden.....especially here in the City of Churches...any places in Sydney that you know of?

Cheers

Brad

#67 ·
XRQTOR said:

Like I said bozo, LOOKING for high 12s & yes I will be using both street tyres & slicks. Its all about the launch & making the best use of available power hence the final drive ratio change & half a dozen other factors not least of which is driver experience.

#68 ·
projap said:
That would be with a drag radial not factory fitted tyre big difference.My mates BA GT ran a 13.4 @110 on factory fitted tyres big difference.Just goes to show how tyres pay the biggest role in 1/4 mile times.
13.5 was done on Dunlop 9000s at around 50% wear with 25psi & ambient temp of 27Deg.

#69 ·
XR8888 said:
Leigh that time was done on the 555R's 245x45x17....Mate good luck on finding some Nittos....be easier to find Osama Bin Laden.....especially here in the City of Churches...any places in Sydney that you know of?

Cheers

Brad
My uncle is the largest private tyre importer in the country. Shouldn't be to much trouble to source a set. I think my biggest problem will be with running the 18's, the smallest i know of is 285's in 18". I want to run them as my normal rear tyre's and run the Sp9ooo's as the fronts, no problems with them yet.

Would be fantasitic if i could find a way to hide 315's under the back, should get a decent 6oft then. Btw way what did you pay for your's. Pm If you wnat.

#70 ·
XRQTOR said:
My uncle is the largest private tyre importer in the country. Shouldn't be to much trouble to source a set. I think my biggest problem will be with running the 18's, the smallest i know of is 285's in 18". I want to run them as my normal rear tyre's and run the Sp9ooo's as the fronts, no problems with them yet.

Would be fantasitic if i could find a way to hide 315's under the back, should get a decent 6oft then. Btw way what did you pay for your's. Pm If you wnat.
Leigh

The Nittos were on loan for the night.....now looking at some Mickey Thomsons or some BFG's for track use only.

About to change the whole Cold Air set up...will post some pics next week when complete....hopefully taking the car to the drags again on 5/3/05..

Brad

#71 ·
Hello well my BA xr8 is only putting out 215kw/rw's. mods: cold air intake, exhast twin 2in into 3 1/2in, k&n filter want more mods was looking at unchip heared to much bad news so wondering what is the edit all about i keep seeing on this site? from tassie so dont hear or see much

#72 ·
I thought that 285's have a chance of fouling on the suspension? And that 295's is where it fouls 100%.

This would explain why many BA XR owners run 275's.

I'm sure if you flared the guards, strengthed some components and stuck some 2.5cm (huge) spacers and longer wheel studs you could probably squeeze some 315's under the back end without a chance of fouling, 325's would probably be ok as long as you don't power around a corner, as then you are guaranteed to rub..... But i would think the cost of strengthening the back end to cope with the extra forces applied by running spacers wouldn't be worth it, if you are working to a budget.
Bigger cams and an edit would probably be cheaper.......
But I could be wrong, as its all second hand information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.