What next? Mustang - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Modular Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 17:35   #1 (permalink)
Crazy B**** in a mustang

Question What next? Mustang

Okay, I have le mustang, mods listed below.
Next month I plan on getting 3.73's, and then some wider wheels/tires....

In the distant future I plan on running a KB supercharger, ....Before that I will upgrade my fuel system, and suspension, and get headers.

BUT I was wondering what I could do in the mean time....
Could I get a 90mm MAF and would I have to get my computer tuned or anything with that?
Or should I get some heads/cams, any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2007, 17:39   #2 (permalink)
Crazy B**** in a mustang

Re: What next? Mustang

I really want to beat my boyfriends tuned SRT-4..........NOW!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 23:22   #3 (permalink)
Crazy B**** in a mustang

...definetly loving all the help and people here.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:53   #4 (permalink)

You could take a stroll over to Vortech's website and have a look at their 700+ Mustang. I dont think it would have any trouble with your boyfriends car. A good supercharger set-up on your Mustang would get it in there. Most all companies will tell you what you do or dont need if you plan on installing one. A lot of things will change with it. Exhaust, fuel pump and regulator, headers etc. Plan your suspension upgrade ie: tires and wheels with the supercharger in mind. You might get more replies if you move into like Windsor tech or general tech. I know this is where it should be. But more people browse Windsor and General that have these cars. I dont know to much about the SRT's, but I wouldnt think it would be to big a jump for a Pony to get it. Its another run of the mill 4 banger woo hoo! Irregardless of what they say, your car could easily be transformed into a regular SRT nightmare. A properly outfitted Saleen or Cobra could easily outperform these kind of cars in every category.
Sand1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:38   #5 (permalink)
R for Race

Here's a little pick of my baby, it eats SRT-4's, even stage 3's.

I put a Seanhylan Motrorsports Forged 5.0 Modular Stroker kit in it, A Kenne Bell 1.7 Supercharger, Crower Stage 2 Blower Cams, Mac Straight Shot CAI, 3.73 Gears, Mac Longtubes, Mac prochamber, Magnaflow Magnapack Catback, Pro 5.0 Shifter, SCT Livewire, 90mm SCT BA2400 MAF, and a bunch of other cosmetic junk. Your best performance mod to start with is gears. If you have an auto go with 4.10's, if you have a 5 speed go with 3.73's. That is the best mod you can do to wake up a stang next to a supercharger or turbo or Nitrous. A bigger MAF will do nothing for you until you get a blower or turbo on your car. Exhaust helps as well but longtubes are a real pain in butt on our cars to install, its about 10-12 hours of install time.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:58   #6 (permalink)

What size KB are you considering?

Your gear choice of 3.73 is good for the KB. If you decide to go Vortech or something else, you could go with a lower gear...4.10 for example. The instant power from a twin screw power will blast the tires with a 4.10 gear. The 90mm throttle body isn't going to help, you won't need that until you push huge HP numbers.

With the mods you have now I would also consider:
- Flowmasters tend to build too much back pressure for the Modular motors. Experts (at least according to experts). Free flowing systems like Bassani appear to make better power
- Weight reduction
- 50 shot of NOS
Once you get the KB installed the stock internals of your motor will handle 400hp to possible 450 at a high limit. Beyond that you will need forged internals to handle extra power and high boost. A dyno tune after blower install is a must.

What is your ultimate goal for the car...besides dusting your boyfriend...roll racing, dig racing, what qtr mile times, etc.
FEAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Modular Tech