Ford Forums banner

352 engine problem

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  thefonz 
#1 ·
Im having a problem with my 67 F-100 with a 352. I replaced the drivers side exhaust manifold gasket, and intake gaskets. After everything was back together I started it up and I noticed the water was mixing in the oil. I did a compression check and all cylinders were good except number 4 which, was full of water and compression around 50 psi or so. So I replaced the intake gaskets again just in case it was damaged, got every thing back together and the water is still mixing. Ive had this truck for years and it ran fine before all this. I dont know what to else to do other than replace the headgasket which I dont think is the problem. Any one have other ideas?

#4 ·
Im using the intake that came on the truck when I bought it 10 years ago. The first time I did the gaskets I put a couple of beads of RTV on the heads before I put the gaskets on. This is the way Ive done it many times before with zero problems. The second time I tried a small bead around the water passage openings on the gasket, I think this actually made it worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.