Ford Forums banner

427, worth the money?

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Fordification 
#1 ·
Im a chevy man, so i dont know alot about ford motors. ive been looking for a 427 for a while and when i was talking to a friend about it, he said he had one. i was expecting a chevy bigblock but it turned out to be a ford. according to him it has over 400 horsepower and was recently rebuilt, but i dont know if it runs or what condition its in except that has no intake manifold. Is it worth $275 sight unseen? also, how hard is it to find parts for this motor, such as an intake?

G
#2 ·
um, so its said to have over 400 HP, and its only $275 sight unseen, and you arent just buying it?? damn just get it, for under $300 you cant go too wrong, but it does sound very cheap,
should be able to get an intake in Aust, if not, just email some places in the states and get one shipped over

#6 ·
that would be a pity to put it into a truck, personally if it was me id find a 60s tbird, or cougar and drop it in that.

G
#8 ·
Very, very desireable engine. If it truly is a 427, you could practically put it in a museum. This seems very elementary but the sideoiler came in the AC Cobra, GT-40 MkII, and widely used in NASCAR.

That said, I'll buy it from ya for $500. pleeeeease.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.