Okay guys/gals. I have a series of questions for you. Mind you I am extremely new to Ford buildups and performance. This is for a '72 F100. I am a former Chevy man so please, be gentle.
1. Is a 360fe a good foundation for a horsepower project?
2. What parts interchange among the FE family and what years?
3. Is there a difference in the bellhousing bolt pattern on BB Ford vs. SB Fords?
4. Are the casting numbers as critical for Ford as Chevy for finding some good performance heads?
5. How far can BB Fords be bored out?
6. Rocker arm assemblies, are the stock ones pretty good or should I eventually go aftermarket?
7. How could I convert a '72 360fe to HEI ignition, is it the same as a Chevy?
8. I like high rise intakes, but can BB Fords hold up under higher RPM?
9. CFM choice, 700cfm or bigger? Vacuum or mechanical secondaries?
10. Should I just build up a mouse motor for it instead?
11. Do I have any of this information out of proportion?
Thanks for the help in advance. Feel free to email me