I'm going to do an intro here - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > FE (330-428) Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 21:02   #1 (permalink)

I'm going to do an intro here

I'm going to do it here because I'm an FE guy and probably won't be posting in the other spots.

Names Bill Delaney
I have been into cars my whole life. I used to be a die hard ford only guy, but since i've gotten older I seem to have more tollerance for other options.

I can give you guys a basic list of what I've had and what I'm working on now.

First of all I'm 42, married to an understanding woman named Shelby. (she has to be cause this car stuff is definatly a disease) My mom was actually drag racing with me when she was pregnant. I think thats when it started....lol

No kids at home anymore (Yay)

Cars I've had, still have a few of them. In order
1. 66 Galaxie 4 door 289 fun car nothing special
2. 65 Comet Caliente 289 auto never actually did anything with it probably got rid of it in 82.
3. 64 Galaxie XL 500 390 auto.... Boy do I miss that car.
4. 67 Fairlane GT had a 351 Cleveland and a 4-speed this was a fun one first street/strip car.
5. 69 torino 428CJ 4-speed I could shoot myself for getting rid of this one!
6. 66 Comet Cyclone GT 390 4-speed bought it from a field in Kansas for $275.00 It's still running around here in Albuquerque.
7. 66 Fairlane 500 4 door 390 auto used it for parts
8. 66 Fairlane XL used the 390 from above. fun car
9. 67 Ranchero 390 4-speed Nice little drag car, actually redoing it now for the dragstrip
10. 66 Ranchero still have it. No plans for it as of yet I've had it for 18 years.
11. 50 Mercury choptop Kustom Lost it because of divorce...It's in Japan.
12. 67 fairlane gt 289 just a nice little driver.
13. 66 fairlane Rust bucket Thought I could get a real light one with all the rust...lol Car came apart..lol
14. 66 Fairlane GTA Convertable Still Have it. I'll restore it someday It runs just needs some tlc. My pops still has his 66 GT Convertable his old drag car.
15. 70 Torino GT 351 Cleveland 4bbl auto got this at the auction for $175.00
16. 65 Mustang K code 4- speed Convertable I sold this car for $350.00 in 1985.... OH I REGRET THAT TO THIS DAY.
17. 49 Mercury Still have it, will never sell it. It's getting a 500 Caddy With an overdrive. It had a 302 with an aod and I've put over 35000 miles on her.
18. 65 Comet gasser stright axle...Traded it
19. 58 Ford 300 Gasser 390, tripower, 4-speed, stright axle. still workin on this one....One day.
20. 64 Mercury parklane Marauder 390 auto (This one is for sale)
21. 64 Galaxie XL 500 R-Code 427 4-speed My dad got this in 1968 and gave it to me last year. Its been in the garage since 68.

These are the important ones pertinant to this forum, there's alot more.
I also Desert raced for the last 20 years and have gone through about 25 Vw's and a couple of race trucks.
Built several cars, rock crawlers, buggies.. For buddies Lots of diffrent stuff in my life. I'm not working on other peoples stuff anymore..Just mine
I lurk mostly on forums. Not alot of time to post.

I own a Construction company that specializes in Medical support systems.

Sometimes I come across as an A-hole, but I'm really a pretty nice guy when you get to know me..lol

Well thats all for now.

Nice to be here guys.

Bill
Mercury Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2008, 22:01   #2 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: I'm going to do an intro here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bill View Post
I'm going to do it here because I'm an FE guy and probably won't be posting in the other spots.

Names Bill Delaney
I have been into cars my whole life. I used to be a die hard ford only guy, but since i've gotten older I seem to have more tollerance for other options.

I can give you guys a basic list of what I've had and what I'm working on now.

First of all I'm 42, married to an understanding woman named Shelby. (she has to be cause this car stuff is definatly a disease) My mom was actually drag racing with me when she was pregnant. I think thats when it started....lol

No kids at home anymore (Yay)

Cars I've had, still have a few of them. In order
1. 66 Galaxie 4 door 289 fun car nothing special
2. 65 Comet Caliente 289 auto never actually did anything with it probably got rid of it in 82.
3. 64 Galaxie XL 500 390 auto.... Boy do I miss that car.
4. 67 Fairlane GT had a 351 Cleveland and a 4-speed this was a fun one first street/strip car.
5. 69 torino 428CJ 4-speed I could shoot myself for getting rid of this one!
6. 66 Comet Cyclone GT 390 4-speed bought it from a field in Kansas for $275.00 It's still running around here in Albuquerque.
7. 66 Fairlane 500 4 door 390 auto used it for parts
8. 66 Fairlane XL used the 390 from above. fun car
9. 67 Ranchero 390 4-speed Nice little drag car, actually redoing it now for the dragstrip
10. 66 Ranchero still have it. No plans for it as of yet I've had it for 18 years.
11. 50 Mercury choptop Kustom Lost it because of divorce...It's in Japan.
12. 67 fairlane gt 289 just a nice little driver.
13. 66 fairlane Rust bucket Thought I could get a real light one with all the rust...lol Car came apart..lol
14. 66 Fairlane GTA Convertable Still Have it. I'll restore it someday It runs just needs some tlc. My pops still has his 66 GT Convertable his old drag car.
15. 70 Torino GT 351 Cleveland 4bbl auto got this at the auction for $175.00
16. 65 Mustang K code 4- speed Convertable I sold this car for $350.00 in 1985.... OH I REGRET THAT TO THIS DAY.
17. 49 Mercury Still have it, will never sell it. It's getting a 500 Caddy With an overdrive. It had a 302 with an aod and I've put over 35000 miles on her.
18. 65 Comet gasser stright axle...Traded it
19. 58 Ford 300 Gasser 390, tripower, 4-speed, stright axle. still workin on this one....One day.
20. 64 Mercury parklane Marauder 390 auto (This one is for sale)
21. 64 Galaxie XL 500 R-Code 427 4-speed My dad got this in 1968 and gave it to me last year. Its been in the garage since 68.

These are the important ones pertinant to this forum, there's alot more.
I also Desert raced for the last 20 years and have gone through about 25 Vw's and a couple of race trucks.
Built several cars, rock crawlers, buggies.. For buddies Lots of diffrent stuff in my life. I'm not working on other peoples stuff anymore..Just mine
I lurk mostly on forums. Not alot of time to post.

I own a Construction company that specializes in Medical support systems.

Sometimes I come across as an A-hole, but I'm really a pretty nice guy when you get to know me..lol

Well thats all for now.

Nice to be here guys.

Bill
Whoa!!! That's allot of Fords!!! Welcome!!!
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > FE (330-428) Tech