Searching for mystery tool - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-05-06, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1
confused Searching for mystery tool

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a tool that you attach to an FE rocker arm which allows you to pry the rocker arm down, compressing the hydraulic lifter so you can check true clearance between the rocker arm and valve stem.
I've installed a pretty hefty hydraulic cam into my 390 which requires using an adjustable valve train. The recommended procedure for adjustment suggests using one of these mystery tools to allow you to check for this clearance. Which should be between .10 and .20 with the lifter compressed.


galaxie-todd is offline  
Sponsored Links

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > FE (330-428) Tech

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome