tripower probs. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > FE (330-428) Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 03:46   #1 (permalink)

tripower probs.

Hi.

I am a Danish dude with a couple of galaxies in the garage.

My 64 fastback has 428 heads, mallory dual breaker distributor, cast iron hedders and tripower with three holleys, 4 speed toploader.

Everything has been rebuilt, incl. the carbs, but the engine does not seem to run at it´s prime, when i hit the pedal, it seems to "blow" out between 1000-15-1800 rpm, looses all it´s power, if i pump the pedal lightly it awakes again with a great ROAAAAAR if i may add, but it´s very anoying and not very "streetfreindly" The cam is comp cams 280 H

Any ideas?? I have tryed to adjust the ignition, linkage, but with little result.

BUT when it runs above 2000 rpms, it most certainly is a feeling that puts you back in the seat!!!!!
PRESIDENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2009, 06:27   #2 (permalink)

Re: tripower probs.

Ford FE Tri Power Systems by HP Trends get the rebuild and tuning download. It's the best $20 you'll spend.
FFR428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 23:24   #3 (permalink)

Re: tripower probs.

Well, it seems that the carbs was not the problem, it was the ignition coil.
I replaced the original coil with an aftermarked 12 volt thing but i missed that the old coil was only made for 7-9 volts and was fed through a resistor wire that decreased the power to 7-9 volts, so i put in a new wire from the ignition switch and that made all the difference, starts much better up, idles when cold, and not but not least gives a hell of a lot more power when driving it.

So here´s a very happy Dane for you.
PRESIDENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > FE (330-428) Tech