6 Speed G/Box Chatter Fix - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2005, 21:02   #1 (permalink)

6 Speed G/Box Chatter Fix

Finally had a positive moment for the Grey Ghost .
I went to Tim Slakos today and filled the G/Box with REDLINE Super Light Shockproof Gear Oil RL146-4 Code No 8352258505.

Results
All the chatter in all the gears especially 3rd, 4th, 5th is massively reduced as is the vibration, 6th gear 100% totally gone

This has transformed the vibrational state of the car way back to smoothness and the gear change is exactly the same as it was with the factory stuff in it.

I don't work for redline, so if you want to find out prices and national outlets go to www.redlineoil.com.au and all the info is there. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

So when your FMC Service Manager gives you the standard "They all do that" spiel, you can now quite confidently call him an un-deucated twit
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2005, 21:52   #2 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Re: 6 Speed G/Box Chatter Fix

Doc, some good news indeed!

Thanks once again for your research and info. I'll be visiting the dealer next Tuesday, expecting (as you said) the brush over with "They all do that, its within tolerances / normal " etc...
If that occurs, I'll immediately give the redline stuff a go. Theres a distributor not too far away.
No more probs with temp after thermostat change Doc?
fpv f6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 23:17   #3 (permalink)

That is good news Doc.
did it also improve the smoothness for gear changing or is it no differant

Matt
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 00:06   #4 (permalink)

The thermostat is keeping the car just above quarter in all driving conditions and temperatures. After spending a little more time behind the wheel I've noticed the gear change is more fluid and less notchy than it was before the redline.
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
HSV What ?
Old 01-07-2005, 00:11   #5 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

I only use redline also mate.. just wait til the missus see's the $400 bill to fill the trans/diff... heheheheh errrr ouch
I dont work for them also but will happily recommend them hands down.

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 00:24   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc

The thermostat is keeping the car just above quarter in all driving conditions and temperatures. After spending a little more time behind the wheel I've noticed the gear change is more fluid and less notchy than it was before the redline.
Thanks for your reply Doc
I migh have to invest in some redline oil. also thanks for you info on the thermostat last week. I had been thinking about getting one, but was a little unsure about it. your thread clear any douts that I had and I ordered one straight away. I hope I get it soon. Also In my karting days I used redline and it was head and shoulders above the rest

Matt
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 00:32   #7 (permalink)
MYF6

Doc, you had your car in for a service of the box when it would not go into 1st or reverse. Do you know iwhat they did to it??

My car is getting very difficult to get into 1st and reverse at times and spoke to the dealer. They told me to bring it in and they will change the oil. Suspect these boxes are very oild 'sensitive', especialy reading your post today.
Old 01-07-2005, 15:19   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYF6
Doc, you had your car in for a service of the box when it would not go into 1st or reverse. Do you know iwhat they did to it??

My car is getting very difficult to get into 1st and reverse at times and spoke to the dealer. They told me to bring it in and they will change the oil. Suspect these boxes are very oild 'sensitive', especialy reading your post today.
T56 shift problems into first and reverse will be caused by clutch drag.
Old 01-07-2005, 21:48   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYF6

It was more the clutch than the G/Box they were rather cagey about giving me the goods on what they did, but the service manager was complaing a bit about how precise they had to be when setting up a twin plate clutch. What I can definately say is that the REDLINE fixed all the niggles and noises in the 6 speed way beyond what I expected oil could do . And as far as oils go, they recommend Castrol GTX 3 mineral oil for the Typhoon. I wouldn't put that crap in a LADA if I had one. FMC buy sell and recommend oils to a price, not to quality.
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
HSV What ?
Old 01-13-2005, 04:07   #10 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: 6 Speed G/Box Chatter Fix

i just fitted a t56 to my t and fitted the same oil redline light duty and it has been perfect from the word go
badxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo