__** The XR6T has just been ordered **__ - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2004, 18:53   #1 (permalink)
▲▼I ♥ XR6T's ▲▼

biggrin The XR6T is here.......**With Photos**

Well, this morning i took my self down to Peter Warren Smithfield and spoke to Dean (RATT) (who came in on his day off to do the deal), about the XR6T. Took one for a test drive too. The manual is nice to drive. The thing will pull in any gear, heaps of torque. There is a slight purr of the Garret GT40 windmill......nice. :D
We took it onto Cumberland H/way for a bit of a squirt. Had my dad with me too. From low RPM in 2nd gear, mash the peddle, but didnt rev it out to far......its a new car with only 100K's on the clock, change to 3rd.....ooops, already doing 100 in the 70 zone. It does it so easy....so smooth, but doesn't feel as quick as it is. When we got out, I said to dad, "gee, it got up to 100 bloody quick", dad says, "was that 100? Its so smooth you dont realise".

Huge thanks to Dean from Peter Warren Smithfield on a great deal. If anyone wants a new or used Ford, go have a chat to Dean. I got a manual XR6T, blueprint paint, Premium Sound, Ford alarm, XRFloor mats, XRScuff plates, tinted windows and on road costs, for $45,250. All up thats $50,000+ worth of car. So yeh, $5000 off.
Should be in my hot little hand within the next month or so :D:D:D

:D

Last edited by Aeron; 05-02-2004 at 23:49. Reason: The XR6T is here
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2004, 23:43   #2 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Re: __** The XR6T has just been ordered **__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
Well, this morning i took my self down to Smithfield Ford and spoke to Dean (RATT) (who came in on his day off to do the deal), about the XR6T. Took one for a test drive too. The manual is nice to drive. The thing will pull in any gear, heaps of torque. There is a slight purr of the Garret GT40 windmill......nice. :D
We took it onto Cumberland H/way for a bit of a squirt. Had my dad with me too. From low RPM in 2nd gear, mash the peddle, but didnt rev it out to far......its a new car with only 100K's on the clock, change to 3rd.....ooops, already doing 100 in the 70 zone. It does it so easy....so smooth, but doesn't feel as quick as it is. When we got out, I said to dad, "gee, it got up to 100 bloody quick", dad says, "was that 100? Its so smooth you dont realise".

Huge thanks to Dean from Smithfield Ford on a great deal. If anyone wants a new or used Ford, go have a chat to Dean. I got a manual XR6T, blueprint paint, Premium Sound, Ford alarm, XRFloor mats, XRScuff plates, tinted windows and on road costs, for $45,250. All up thats $50,000+ worth of car. So yeh, $5000 off.
Should be in my hot little hand within the next month or so :D:D:D

:D
Hey Aeron, sounds great! Congrats on the purchase and the deal too! VERY good deal considering your extras! And yes, it is worth well over $50K retail, so well done! Hope you enjoy it!!!!!
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 00:04   #3 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

That's a fantastic price, look's like you have been looked after there, good job Dean.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 01:34   #4 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

That's good to hear Aeron.

You are going to love this car, there is nothing like it on the road at the moment.

I actually hate driving mine in Sydney. There is just too much traffic in the way!
Old 03-20-2004, 01:53   #5 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

So, ya all reckon I should trade mine in on a turb then, as I have been contemplating???? Ha ha.
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 03-20-2004, 01:57   #6 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
So, ya all reckon I should trade mine in on a turb then, as I have been contemplating???? Ha ha.
If you can get a good deal on the car you own, I'd certainly recommend it. Keep the chip from this one and throw it in the T.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:30   #7 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie XR6
If you can get a good deal on the car you own, I'd certainly recommend it. Keep the chip from this one and throw it in the T.
Yeah, I have pretty much decided to do it.... and yes, will definitely transfer the chip and get it remapped for turb. Maybe go for Phase II (wouldn't trust myself with Phase III). Gonna try and sell mine privately and go back for good deal at the dealers....They gave me a good deal on mine, and have promised to do similar on new turb.....have driven a few turbs, come to following conclusions: hate the autos, LOVE the manuals (although aware of possible durability issues), LOVE 'em with mods, love the sound of the manual (auto was too whiny), they take a while to run in well, and I love the red letters on the back.... red envy on my part I guess....

See, when I got mine, I was up for the turb, no dramas.... however, this idiot assumed turb would be SS-like to insure and didn't look into it... found out after I got non turb that it would have cost me an extra $50 a year or something... have been killing myself ever since, and always staying behind any other XR so they do not see my non-red-lettered-rear.....

Thought I could partly satisfy the urge by getting the chip, but while it is surprisingly good, it aint enough....
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 03-20-2004, 03:07   #8 (permalink)
gone

Great Stuff

$5000 on nice turbo mods and you should be laughing.....

laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 03:34   #9 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by laminge
Great Stuff

$5000 on nice turbo mods and you should be laughing.....

That's for Phase II, right? Like 330fwkw? He will be laughing with that, that's for sure!
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 03-20-2004, 03:35   #10 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic

See, when I got mine, I was up for the turb, no dramas.... however, this idiot assumed turb would be SS-like to insure and didn't look into it... found out after I got non turb that it would have cost me an extra $50 a year or something... have been killing myself ever since, and always staying behind any other XR so they do not see my non-red-lettered-rear.....

Thought I could partly satisfy the urge by getting the chip, but while it is surprisingly good, it aint enough....
I always wanted the T but decided on buying the GT. When I went in to purchase, after having driven both cars I decided on the Turbo. I love the feeling when it comes on boost and with the dollars I saved with not buying the GT, I bought the 18" wheels, custom interior nad a few other bits and pieces.

I've a list of mods that I want done and I'm slowly getting there. I'll be getting the APS phase one first and will decide on phase two down the track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo