All Ford Day in Adelaide March 14th - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2004, 04:57   #1 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

All Ford Day in Adelaide March 14th

Anyone interested in checking out the All Ford Day at Immanuel College this Sunday 14th March? I'm going with my BA XR6, black, sunroof, premium audio, tinting, custom plates (black/silver).... Apparently there is gonna be heaps of cool stuff there! Lotsa old stuff, dynos, new stuff, GTs, etc, etc. Ford Heaven! Pity Marcos couldn't pay a visit....

Here I am thinking of trading my BA XR6 in for a turb - I think all you guys have made my mind up for me! So have the guys who put the chip in my XR6 - they're talking me into it! The only reason I didn't get the turb last year was that I assumed huge insurance costs - so much for that! Have the chip, need the turb.

Anyone who has a manual turb (c'mon guys, enough of this auto stuff!) had any probs with it? And anyone wanna let me know how they go run after a couple of 1000 km??? Fords are notorious for taking their own sweet time to run in and loosen up.....

Cheers

XR chic
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2004, 01:44   #2 (permalink)

Re: All Ford Day in Adelaide March 14th

XR Chic

Tickford / FPV club will be there, not sure at the moment who will be showing their cars but come over and say Hi anyway. There are a couple of Manual Turbos in the club so hopefully at least one will be there.

Maybe see you on Sunday

Paul B
XR6WGN
Old 03-09-2004, 01:53   #3 (permalink)

The XR8/XR6 Owners Club will also be there, look for the Phantom XR6T with chrome wheels i know that will be there but im not sure if it is a manual or auto, but it has had a few mods done.

Have a great day it should be good
Old 03-09-2004, 02:29   #4 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Thanks guys, I am definitely gonna be there because my car is a trade site display vehicle. The guys who did my chip at Blackwood Dyno and Service asked me if I would have my car there on display for them with their stickers, etc. I will definitely come and visit your cars though, I could look at them all day! And I am there for the whole day because for legal reasons, I cannot leave The Beast alone there. Heaven for me! I am looking to trade up to a turbo, so I won't need much encouragement, and I am trying to get my Dad to buy a GT-P, and he loves the old stuff like Custom Lines, so we will be checking them out! So look out for a black BA XR6 with sunroof, tinting and black custom plates (JCC) with silver letters! Gonna spend the day before detailing The Beast!

Oh, and lets hope Marcos can pull something out the weekend after - I didn't pay for 4 day pass reserved seating and paddock passes for me and my family to see some Holden win!!!! Ha ha.

See you guys on Sunday for sure!

XR chic
Old 03-09-2004, 02:29   #5 (permalink)
V8 ute driver!

Well fcuk me, i didn't even know it was on!!
Bloody good advertising!!
But yeah i'll be there, no fear bout that!
Cheers..............Nath
Any offer considered.
Now driving a 04 BA XR8 Manual Envi ute. Mods to come...
flavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:39   #6 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Cheers, and glad to help! Remember, it is this Sunday, not the following Sunday (they wouldn't get a huge turnout, would they?). Immanuel College is in Novar Gardens. If you go down Anzac Highway heading towards Glenelg, you will come to the Morphett St intersection (where Maccas is on the left). Turn right down Morphett St and the school is on the left... go to the 2nd street on the left and that should lead to the oval where the Ford stuff will be. The Immanuel people have been going all out for this, so it should be a great day!

See ya there!

XR chic
Old 03-11-2004, 02:43   #7 (permalink)

XRchic,

The FPV & XR Car Club will be there with a good display that should include about 5 (modified) GT & GTP's and a number of T-Series along with a Herrod XR8 (BA), a Sierra Cosworth, etc etc and .....wait for it...some XR6 Turbos. (that should whet your appetite!!)

Come over and have a chat..... (we won't bite....promise!)
We will certainly look out for you and your XR6.

See you on Sunday.

BJ

Web: www.fpvxrclub.com.au
Email: fpvxrclub@brike.com.au
Carramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 05:35   #8 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Hello Carramar - any Ford are good Fords! I love the turbos, but there is also something about those bulges that I love too!!!! And no, I am not starting a bulge thread!

Actually, I was speaking to Terry tonight on the phone about your club and joining it! So I will be coming over with my kids to meet everyone and so all of you can check me out too!

See ya there!!!!
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo