Amazing way to fix the XR6T's dominance over XR8 and F6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2005, 13:29   #1 (permalink)
MADABOUTFORDS

Amazing way to fix the XR6T's dominance over XR8 and F6

I think Ford have been very creative with the old "your turbo is quiker than the V8 and Typhoon" scenario.......... " Let's make the Turbo slower!"
I've just read the May Motor and am disgusted to read that rather than being quiker the XR6T is slower ( this particular car anyway) than all other XR6T's tested before. It was a 6-speed manual and ran a 14.81 for the quarter!!! Not happy Henry!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blueblud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2005, 14:46   #2 (permalink)
Tornado F6

Re: Amazing way to fix the XR6T's dominance over XR8 and F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblud
I think Ford have been very creative with the old "your turbo is quiker than the V8 and Typhoon" scenario.......... " Let's make the Turbo slower!"
I've just read the May Motor and am disgusted to read that rather than being quiker the XR6T is slower ( this particular car anyway) than all other XR6T's tested before. It was a 6-speed manual and ran a 14.81 for the quarter!!! Not happy Henry!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Relax
Some of the older XR6T's went like the hammers from Hell but most were average and high 14 was normal.
You look at dyno numbers for the XR6T's and they seem to vary anything from 170 odd RWKS to some 209rwkws and the same for 1/4 times they are all over the place.

Some early Dynos on the F6 were as low as 205 rwkws and some over 220 rwkws, the same thing with those and reports of some going like Hell and some needing to be shot!
2003 White RTV Ute
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 02:32   #3 (permalink)

Quote:

I must have missed the bit where the XR 'dominated' the F6 in a direct comparrison.... point me to the thread-

cheers..
Headache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 22:55   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
Relax
Some of the older XR6T's went like the hammers from Hell but most were average and high 14 was normal.
You look at dyno numbers for the XR6T's and they seem to vary anything from 170 odd RWKS to some 209rwkws and the same for 1/4 times they are all over the place.

Some early Dynos on the F6 were as low as 205 rwkws and some over 220 rwkws, the same thing with those and reports of some going like Hell and some needing to be shot!
For a prospective buyer thats not exactly reassuring to know.
R33GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:33   #5 (permalink)
MADABOUTFORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache
I must have missed the bit where the XR 'dominated' the F6 in a direct comparrison.... point me to the thread-

cheers..
Too right "Headache". There hasn't been a direct comparo. I believe one is on the way soon though.
Blueblud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 18:06   #6 (permalink)

Quote:

You are spot on on another forum(lets just saywith the word turbo in the address) people with series one xr6t`s are being advised not to let the dealers flash their ecu if they don`t want it being slower, especially people with edits are having to go back to their tuners to get their cars retuned.
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 19:14   #7 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

Mine has the latest flash and its fine, if anything it goes harder. My best friend owns a sedan manual, and side by side with my ute carying its hefty kerb weight I can still out accelarate him in any gear, slowly but noticably.

The difference in performance is greatly affected by production tollerances, my ute may have a lucky combination of parts, my mates may not have. Regardles of the tune, some will go much harder than others.

And if its that much of a hassle, fork out the $1295 and get an edit, then Ford can't touch your ECU any more and you'll be making 20% more power and torque, and saving fuel at the same time. Pays for itself
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo