Any F6 Owners Ran there cars In Stock Trim? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2005, 02:22   #1 (permalink)

Any F6 Owners Ran there cars In Stock Trim?

Since there a few owners popping up in there brand spankers f6's has anybody taken them to the drag strip and see what these rockets can do? If so maybe they can post timeslips?

Now i realise people dont buy these cars just to be taken to the drag strip but most surely you dont buy these cars for A to B use so before i might get flamed in any shape or form i hope that this thread doesnt turn into a major debarcle.....cheers
KNG-40L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2005, 05:25   #2 (permalink)

Re: Any F6 Owners Ran there cars In Stock Trim?

I won the lottery and bought one for my Grandmother to drive down the shops and whatnot, seems to be working out quite well for her.

My Ferrari is alot better though :D
Falcon-DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:38   #3 (permalink)

FALCON DT once you do injectors, edit and exhaust on the F6 i hear its bye bye ferrari lol
Old 07-15-2005, 07:00   #4 (permalink)

there was an f6 at heathcote the day i ran my car i think it had exhaust as u could hear it and it had a 4 inch dump pipe chrome tip. it's best time was a 14.3
WILD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 06:51   #5 (permalink)

WILD6 kinda dissapoints me how the f6 is a 14sec car or even for that matter ford & fpv are still stuck on that time bracket. Just read today on the street machine ford edition they had an article on the Tornado and Typhoon and there best time was 14.5 for the quarter and a 6.5 0-100. Even with all that 550nm of torque still seems to perform like a car with just over 500nm of torque.
Old 07-17-2005, 17:08   #6 (permalink)
wog edit tuner

it shouldn't it is almost 2 ton of car remember!!!!

and the au/vz's are 200 odd kilo's lighter!!!

the car is heavier yeah but this is for reliability and driving comfort!!!
Old 07-17-2005, 22:46   #7 (permalink)
Horse-Power Hungry

i think the latest motor had the f6 at about 14.01 and the clubby at 13.9, both had trouble with traction. times are getting quicker, i think it comes down to knowing how to launch these things, it was the one that put the clubby against the f6 for a rematch... overall the f6 won.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:47   #8 (permalink)

dont they have the packages from aps and so on for these like the xr6 turbos. has anyone one here doen any mods to their f6's
WILD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 20:37   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD6
dont they have the packages from aps and so on for these like the xr6 turbos. has anyone one here doen any mods to their f6's
Blufoon on the other forum has a typhoon with the aps stageII kit. It makes 295rwkw. I think it made 310rwkw but they pulled it back to wat it is now.

He also has a tornado that I think is getting the same done to it.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 03:58   #10 (permalink)

i agree with Boss8, I think it has alot to do with the launching the car and its very hard for the turbos. Also I think it was in the same motor mag f6 vs xr6T, that the xr6t was faster 0-40 than the f6. They said probably because of the softer springs on the xr6t helped give the tires more bite.
But in saying that I still would of thought they would have got a f6 0-100 in 5.7sec if a xr6t has done it in 5.9sec.
In a rolling start sprint to 100kph, I think it would leave the clubby for dead.
LOVXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo