Anyone Else Got The Same Story - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2005, 17:28   #1 (permalink)

Anyone Else Got The Same Story

Got A Call From Fpv, Been Told Typhoon Production To Re-commence Start Of May. Means I Sould Have Mine By The End Of May. Has Anyone Else Been Given A Similar Story ?
PEP71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2005, 00:28   #2 (permalink)

Re: Anyone Else Got The Same Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEP71
Got A Call From Fpv, Been Told Typhoon Production To Re-commence Start Of May. Means I Sould Have Mine By The End Of May. Has Anyone Else Been Given A Similar Story ?
Pep,

I have typhoon no. 44, Velocity. I have spoken to Guy at FPV and was told that production will restart late this month. Although I was offered a GT to put my girl in storage have decided to keep going with my typhoon (did not want to go for the slower option :) ).

To date the clutch has hung in there and she has done all that I wanted.... lots of embarresed SS Dunny doors here in Perth now

Anyway, am happy to wait until early April when my girl gets her clutch replaced ..... then off to APS to make her really sing

cheers

Peter
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 04:15   #3 (permalink)
New Car Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEP71
I was told by the dealer that production was to restart at the beginning of April. Mine was scheduled as March build and I have been told end of April/start of May delivery.
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 13:50   #4 (permalink)
Demeritator

Yesterday at FPV I got a few differing answers on that, so I don't think even they have a firm date. They seemed keen to loan me a car "in the interim" if it took longer than April for delivery, so I assume Ford aren't too confident themselves!
Old 03-07-2005, 22:26   #5 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Geo
Pep,

I have typhoon no. 44, Velocity. I have spoken to Guy at FPV and was told that production will restart late this month. Although I was offered a GT to put my girl in storage have decided to keep going with my typhoon (did not want to go for the slower option :) ).

To date the clutch has hung in there and she has done all that I wanted.... lots of embarresed SS Dunny doors here in Perth now

Anyway, am happy to wait until early April when my girl gets her clutch replaced ..... then off to APS to make her really sing

cheers

Peter
You already got the slower option. No stock Typhoon has even broken into the 13's yet.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 23:32   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossxr8
You already got the slower option. No stock Typhoon has even broken into the 13's yet.

Dont be too suprised if FPV are looking into this if they havnt already as well as the clutch issue. They wont put up with it being slower than XR6T for too long.
DR XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 02:51   #7 (permalink)
New Car Kid

Quote:
Does he? By slower, you obviously mean spending several hours on a dragstrip perfecting take-offs down 400m of blacktop. You are probably right, but on the street, between lights and around roundabouts you will find the typhoon in front every time. And thats when they're standard.
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:35   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Well boss,

thats your opinion, I was actually referring to the real world. I bought her as a high speed tourer and was referring to the ingear ability. In the real world on the highway she shines better than either the Ford or the Holden V8, in stock form.

And of course she will also give a far better return in bang for bucks if I do want to mod her than the V8....mmmmm is that the sound of dinosaurs I hear wailing in the background

cheers

Peter
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 15:24   #9 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Geo
Well boss,

thats your opinion, I was actually referring to the real world. I bought her as a high speed tourer and was referring to the ingear ability. In the real world on the highway she shines better than either the Ford or the Holden V8, in stock form.

And of course she will also give a far better return in bang for bucks if I do want to mod her than the V8....mmmmm is that the sound of dinosaurs I hear wailing in the background

cheers

Peter

Top post mate. "The real world" ... cruising, highway touring, even every day city driving, the Typhoon's mid range in gear abilities are awesome, even out of the box. And isn't that where 95% of cars spend 95% of their time? Anyway, I still reckon we will see 13's out of a stock f6 come winter. The car certainly feels that quick.

Meanwhile the &^#@ing GM product has decided to spit coolant from a rusted (mild steel) welsh plug necessitating a gearbox removal and whatever else. Sick of throwing money at it. Of course this means the F6 edit gets pushed further down the list.

Ian
fpv f6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 16:11   #10 (permalink)

For all the speculation whether you got a dunnydore or a BA GT or XR8 or a stage 1 or 2 chipped xr6 turbo. Edit the Typhoon, do some cat and dump pipe mods and its simply GAME OVER, and anyone who doesn't think the F6s will get into the 11s better send me some of what they are smoking
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo