BA XR6 with Sat Nav - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2004, 05:18   #1 (permalink)
I love eating chicken

Question BA XR6 with Sat Nav

G'day all,

I'm just about to order an XR6 and I'm seriously considering adding sat nav with Premium Audio.

I was wondering if anyone out there has done this, and if so, what do you reckon and have you any photos of the setup.

Thanks in advance,

The Big Chook
ChickenMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2004, 03:33   #2 (permalink)

Re: BA XR6 with Sat Nav

ChickenMan,
I am awaiting the arrival of my T that has the Luxury pack and SatNav. There is not much to see with the SatNav option. They put a box in the boot below the parcel shelf that has the DVD rom (no it cant play movies) and you get a remote control.
My wife calls it the most expensive UBD around. I bought it more on gimmik factor than anything. It is fun to use, but I would buy the Luxury pack ($4500) before I bought the Satnav ($3600) or do what I did and get both.
P.S The luxury pack has Fairlane dual zone climate control, Sports leather,Premium Audio, autolights on/off. Its worth the money I think.
ZapXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 04:49   #3 (permalink)
I love eating chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapXR6T
ChickenMan,
I am awaiting the arrival of my T that has the Luxury pack and SatNav. There is not much to see with the SatNav option. They put a box in the boot below the parcel shelf that has the DVD rom (no it cant play movies) and you get a remote control.
My wife calls it the most expensive UBD around. I bought it more on gimmik factor than anything. It is fun to use, but I would buy the Luxury pack ($4500) before I bought the Satnav ($3600) or do what I did and get both.
P.S The luxury pack has Fairlane dual zone climate control, Sports leather,Premium Audio, autolights on/off. Its worth the money I think.

Thanks for the feedback ZapXR6T,

I did read on the forum that the luxury pack was available sometime soon for the XR's and it did sound tempting.

It's funny what you value in a car....I love gadgets (bit like yourself by the sounds of it) and the sat nav option (which you have to option with Premium sound on an XR anyway) really twisted my biscuit. I can live without the dual climate control....(I'll just get the missus to wind down her window if she's whinging) I would love the leather seats but I suppose it's back to cost and what you can afford.

Lucky you to be able to option both, I think I'll be running with the 'sat nav with premium sound' option. I had a test drive in a Camry Azura to check out the sat nav, which comes as standard on an Azura and it blew me away.

I normally slap my laptop with DVD on the centre console to keep the kids happy on long trips, but I came across an option to modify the factory fitted TFT screen to play DVD's. Just do a search for 'Blaupunkt' on the forum and you should find it.

Good luck with the T, sounds bloody awesome...and thanks again for the reply.

ChickenMan
ChickenMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 23:18   #4 (permalink)

Chickenman,
If you read a bit more about the mods for the TFT you can find a guy who has a XBox with a 200gig drive installed in his T. He runs 5.1 surround sound as well. All I would like my audio to do is play MP3's through the factory stacker, I have the Aux port option for my IPod, but I would prefer MP3 CD's in the dash stacker. I hear there may be a code upgrade to do this, I can only hope.
Enjoy your T, the satnav looks awsome, I had a play for about 30 mins in a LTD as its the same as the one in the T. It tells you where parking stations, petrol, etc are located.....fun
ZapXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 13:40   #5 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

I think you can install an aftermarket H/U inthe area where the tissue holder is. You'd have to get it installed by a pro as there is no brackets down there, and you'd want a neat finish. There is plenty of room.

I will be transplanting my big stereo from my ED into a XR6 Turbo, and I plan to pay someone to make it fit! Provided the second hand model I purchase doesn't have premium audio, cause then that would be a waste!

Laminge has an aftermarket SatNat installed in the very same spot, looks just like a regular H/U with a fold out screen!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo