Best way to runin my new XR6T Ute? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2004, 07:07   #1 (permalink)

Best way to runin my new XR6T Ute?

Hi all,

I just became the proud owner of a new XR6T Phantom UTE (Auto), got sports leather, tinting, alarm, sump guard and bike rack options..

Now my question is whats the best way to run in the car? go slow for the first 1000k and not give it to much or vary my throttle and enjoy the great highway driving

Also whats a good mod i can put on the Auto XR6T? Phase I or II APS? and should i wait a while before getting the mod installed?

Thanks all

KidSpat
kidspatula is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2004, 08:09   #2 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Re: Best way to runin my new XR6T Ute?

Hey mate. Congrats on your new buy. The best way to run in the engine is to vary your driving style. Especially for the first 1000km don't rev it to high or let it idle for huge amountws of time. After 1000km give it a bit of a squirt now and again and combine that with a bit of highway driving.

If I were you I would wait a while before doing the mods, lets say after you get the 3000km peace of mind check by your dealer. After that she should be nearly run in, and ready for some go fast bits. As for what mods to get, the phase I is pretty good for a base mod, but I'd totally recommend the phase 2. We have I think 3 guys on here who run 12.3 from the phase II.

If you are brave enough there is the phase III kit, which a member (who I havn't seen on here for a while actually) has on his XR6 Turbo ute, which did a best run of 11.9 I'm pretty sure.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:16   #3 (permalink)

Cobra,

Thanks for the info on the run in.. i drive down a motorway everyday for work maybe i'll go the "longway" for a little while till the new toy as been driven a little

As for the mods the phase II does look quite nice, but i am a little worried about how the automatic will cope with the extra stress added from the mod.. do you have to make any changes to the automatic to avoid damaging it

One last question, has anyone changed the factory stereo unit to an aftermarket headunit? or does the factory unit come with appropriate outputs for adding an AMP to the car stereo?

Thanks guys

KidSpata
Old 07-12-2004, 10:43   #4 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

I wouldn't worry too much which way you go on the hgihway, just as long as you don't thrash it for the first bit, and as I said before it's best to vary your driving style as much as you can and avoid idling for lengthy periods of time.

As for the stage II ask some other guys on here what was done to their auto but I'm pretty sure APS do mods to increase the line pressure and fit a transmission cooler if I'm not mistaken.

With the stereo you can not change the factory headunit due to the ICC. I'm pretty there is the appropriate RCA outs to change amps/subs ect. I'm not the most knowlegdable when it comes to stereos, but ask in the interior/audio section of the tech forum here. I am sure other poeople have asked similar questions before and someone will be able to help you.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Old 07-13-2004, 01:47   #5 (permalink)

kidspatula

Congrats on the ute!!
Mate there are NO rca on the system. You will need line level convertors to
add a amp.

cragin
Old 07-13-2004, 03:44   #6 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Thanks for corecting me cragin, I wasn't sure! I have seen poeple with Amps on BA's so I thought there was the RCA outs. I guess I thought wrong, lol! So what exactly are line level converters?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)

Old 07-13-2004, 04:54   #7 (permalink)

cragin,

thanks for the info, thats what i was affraid of.. but i'm sure it will sound just as good with these line level convertors :)
Old 07-13-2004, 05:50   #8 (permalink)

Hiya,

I bought my 'T' with a APS Phase I and opted to put 3000km on it before having it installed, planning on going to Phase II after the 15000km service.

Before installing the Phase II however I will be getting the Auto toughened, the Valve Springs replaced and Breaks upgraded, whereas the Phase I just goes straight in. Of course you can always upgrade from Phase I - II - III or more as time goes by as well.

Regards & enjoy the Turbo

MG
Master G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo