BF.......Bloody Fantastic! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2006, 12:35   #1 (permalink)
MADABOUTFORDS

BF.......Bloody Fantastic!

I've had my BFXR6T 6 speed auto for over a week now. I know it's early days yet but this car is the best yet in terms of quality fit and finish. Apart from a Honda Accord I purchased for my wife, this is the only other car from the factory that had no problems at delivery.

Things of note:
1. Quieter than BA.
2. A more roarty exhaust note over the BA Turbo.
3. Already using less fuel by trip computer and first fill.
4. The auto box is to die for. Instant get up and go and very responsive.

I heard on the box today that Ford North America are axing 30,000 jobs. Let's hope they dont axe any Aussie ones as our people are building damn fine cars. Congratulations Ford OZ. Cheers.
Blueblud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2006, 13:04   #2 (permalink)

Re: BF.......Bloody Fantastic!

Congrats with the ride Blueblud
sbcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:53   #3 (permalink)

I am very jealous. Luckily Ford Australia saved itself with the BA and BF models. If they continued down the AU path it could be a diffferent story.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:31   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Gratz Blueblud

Glad to hear that you are happy with your car.

The BF has been getting very good reviews by almost all journalists.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:01   #5 (permalink)
nhanst

Blueblud I also have a BF XR6T 6SPD and have just clocked up 4000kms the car is awesome, just starting to "loosen up" gear box is mad...take a look at my Members Garage for a look, hope you enjoy your car as much as me..
Old 01-25-2006, 04:27   #6 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Congrats Blueblud. The BF XR6T 6 speed auto combo is a force to be recon with and fantastic value for money. If I was to buy another XR that would be my pick.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 05:07   #7 (permalink)
MADABOUTFORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhanst
Blueblud I also have a BF XR6T 6SPD and have just clocked up 4000kms the car is awesome, just starting to "loosen up" gear box is mad...take a look at my Members Garage for a look, hope you enjoy your car as much as me..

I like lightening strike. I missed something in my original post. The brakes are sensational. I know the car looks similar BF to BA, but they might as well be made by different companies. Just such a quantum leap forward.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Cheers.
Old 01-26-2006, 22:37   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblud
I like lightening strike. I missed something in my original post. The brakes are sensational. I know the car looks similar BF to BA, but they might as well be made by different companies. Just such a quantum leap forward.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Cheers.
I've got a BA XR6T. Considering an upgrade - I was going to look at something smaller - the new falcon wasn't even going to get a lookin - but a six speed auto is just so enticing! If they can sort my major gripes out I may well go back for another.

- Re: the breaking performance? Have you given it a belting to see where they fade? If you're saying they are sensational, they must be far and away better (considering how sub par the BA standard brakes are) - did you drive a BA to compare?

- What are you getting fuel economy wise? litres/100km - I'm averaging about 12.5 with a good mix of freeway/hills/city.

- Is the drive line shunt sorted? (this is my biggest gripe as its the only thing the dealer can't fix - makes it sound like a bloody taxi with 300000 ks on it :( )

Hehe - I hope the BF isnt TOO good, the resale on the BA is already south enough! :)

Cheers mate! :)
bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 19:17   #9 (permalink)
MADABOUTFORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski
I've got a BA XR6T. Considering an upgrade - I was going to look at something smaller - the new falcon wasn't even going to get a lookin - but a six speed auto is just so enticing! If they can sort my major gripes out I may well go back for another.

- Re: the breaking performance? Have you given it a belting to see where they fade? If you're saying they are sensational, they must be far and away better (considering how sub par the BA standard brakes are) - did you drive a BA to compare?

- What are you getting fuel economy wise? litres/100km - I'm averaging about 12.5 with a good mix of freeway/hills/city.

- Is the drive line shunt sorted? (this is my biggest gripe as its the only thing the dealer can't fix - makes it sound like a bloody taxi with 300000 ks on it :( )

Hehe - I hope the BF isnt TOO good, the resale on the BA is already south enough! :)

Cheers mate! :)
Good'ay bobski. Maybe you need to speak to someone who has had their BF for longer than me. I have had the BF now for 2 weeks and therefore not long enough to experience driveline shunt yet I would have thought. I have had 3 BA's. With the last one the 6speed XR6T I used to ride the clutch a bit to avoid the shunt so I know what your on about. The BF dosent have any such problems as yet. Just belt it and hang on.

Fuel usage: I don't go by the trip computer as I dont find them too accurate. I feel they read a little high when compared with the litres to fill up versus kilometres driven calculation. I can say that with mostly city driving I got 480 kms for 65 litres used. That's the most I've ever had for any Falcon. I imagine it will be even more frugal when she has loosened up in the next couple of months.

The brakes haven't been treated to a big stop yet but they do have more initial bite and feel assured under heavy braking so far. I think they were designed to stop the Territory which can weigh as much as 250 kgms more than the BF so they should easily handle the BF. My 2 cents worth... Cheers.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:29   #10 (permalink)
MADABOUTFORDS

[QUOTE=bobski]- What are you getting fuel economy wise? litres/100km - I'm averaging about 12.5 with a good mix of freeway/hills/city.

- Is the drive line shunt sorted? (this is my biggest gripe as its the only thing the dealer can't fix - makes it sound like a bloody taxi with 300000 ks on it

I've just got 540kms on the last tank!!!!! This included about 80 kms on the ring road. 40 kms of that was with 5 people in the car. Just light throttle applications is how I achieved this result and people still had trouble keeping up with me off the lights.

No driveline shunt yet. Oh baby does she sing on the Optimax. This is the best Falcon ever. Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo