Big problem with my capa flasher - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2005, 03:32   #1 (permalink)

Big problem with my capa flasher

Just put my xr6 t on a dyno today. Could not look at the graph. With a cappa 10 psi 2nd air intake & b&m filter & center muffler removed. I ALMOST STARED TO CRY. 254 rw hp that=190 rwkw what the hell is wrong with my car. when i drive it seems to pull very strong please somebody help or i will take the turbo badge off my car the new cry baby.[IMG]004[/IMG] [IMG]picture[/IMG]
NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2005, 03:50   #2 (permalink)
Magnificence in Motion

Re: Big problem with my capa flasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk
Just put my xr6 t on a dyno today. Could not look at the graph. With a cappa 10 psi 2nd air intake & b&m filter & center muffler removed. I ALMOST STARED TO CRY. 254 rw hp that=190 rwkw what the hell is wrong with my car. when i drive it seems to pull very strong please somebody help or i will take the turbo badge off my car the new cry baby.[IMG]004[/IMG] [IMG]picture[/IMG]
So who said it was the flasher causing your problems?

I said to the ICWS ( In Car Whingeing System )
"What's the problem, it's a victimless crime...except for him, he lost!"

XcelR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 04:39   #3 (permalink)

i put the car back on the dyno with no cappa still 254 hprw but less NM .I DONT NOW y Im trying to post the dyno sheet but dont now how thanks.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:35   #4 (permalink)
Beastmaster

Suspect dyno or dyno operation.....

Power = torque * rpm
It is impossible to get the same power at the same rpm from a different torque.

N.B. If you have a slipping clutch, misbehaving auto or slippery tyres then that may also lead to those readings.
Revelations 13:18
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST:
for it is the number of a F6 Typhoon; and its number is 0217.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 17:17   #5 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

If you want to post the dyno make sure it is in jpg or gif format and click the attachment button below. Locate them on your system and upload. If they are too large it will tell you. It will take a bit of time to upload if you are on dialup.

OR

You can try to upload it to the gallery and then put the image in the thread with [.img.]http://gallery.fordforums.com/linktoimage.extension[./img.]

OF course take out the .'s around the img tags and use the link to the image in the gallery instead of what I typed. :)
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 17:19   #6 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Oh yea. Was it the same dyno? Just want to know. If they are different dynos then you can see a change. Flappist is also correct. Several things would play a role in the difference that are not mentioned here.

let us know. If you have issues uploading the dyno sheets still. You can email them to
admin @ fordforums . com
Old 05-14-2005, 20:10   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Gday there mate i seem to have the same problem i loaded the flash into the car and it drfinatley works it snaps harder through the gears and pulls a little bit harder but the boost gauge does not go over 5. i think we have the same problem. what r all the specifacations of ur car. build date? Auto? etc.
smithro_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 21:04   #8 (permalink)

thanks champions I will try to post the dyno sheets on the forum. Iam comtuter stupid or i will e mail them to you.I also didnt tell you it was same dyno same operater 1 half hour later & they let my car idl till they set up the computer& on the same day i ran 2 cars 1 xr6 t ute which the dyno operater said had 280 rwhp = 208rwkw i beat him with the stock edit & only 6psi & then reloaded 10 psi & smash his car by 3 car lengths next i ran a 5.7 vt clubby he his was other than a exhaust beat him too 1 half car lengths over 300 mtrs YES ALL THREE CARS A MANUALS.WORK That out i cant .sTILL CRYING BIG TIME .I realy respect you s trying to help me.
Old 05-15-2005, 00:16   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi Night hawk, I had this problem with a customers car a few months ago, it was quite easy to identify when i drove the car prior to tuning it i realised the car had a problem, the ptoblem was.. It had no boost, the car went to the dealer and they found a vacum pipe had come of the turbo causing it not to bloost at all.... Once the fixed it i added the flash tune, it went from 170 rwkw with no boost(The poor had had the car like this for 70000 kms) to having 250 rwkw. He was in shock, hes awaiting his typhoon :)
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 10:22   #10 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo