Boost - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2005, 21:09   #1 (permalink)

Boost

hey all still new. so dont ban me or nething for asking this if i not spose to do it here or nething... now.

i have 2003xr6 turbo, running standard boost, i either want to upgrade to the 6spd mac2 when i get my licence bak and put the flash tuner through that. or just work on mine which is not a manual. is there a way to turn the boost up without flash tune? if so can it be turned back to not void warranty lol. anyone that can help plz do. :)
Revved is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2005, 02:02   #2 (permalink)

Re: Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revved
hey all still new. so dont ban me or nething for asking this if i not spose to do it here or nething... now.

i have 2003xr6 turbo, running standard boost, i either want to upgrade to the 6spd mac2 when i get my licence bak and put the flash tuner through that. or just work on mine which is not a manual. is there a way to turn the boost up without flash tune? if so can it be turned back to not void warranty lol. anyone that can help plz do. :)

Hey mate, Im not sure i totally follwo you but ill try help, with the edit we can tune the car to have an increase in boost and obviously performance.

With the edit you keep the original tune inside the flasher so it can be returned to standard at any time you want it to be.
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:37   #3 (permalink)

From memory, there was a boost box for the XR6T, but didn't work overly well.
I doubt you would spend money on a flash box ( edit ) just to turn up the boost, a ( combined ) tune makes it run as it should, and cost factor would be marginal over winding the boost up and leaving it.....

RDP make an edit type product with an " adjustable " boost controller, a bit more pricey than the flasher unit, but has the 'knob' option in the cab to adjust boost on the fly...

I hope my answer was as clear as your question???
Headache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 05:48   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache
From memory, there was a boost box for the XR6T, but didn't work overly well.
I doubt you would spend money on a flash box ( edit ) just to turn up the boost, a ( combined ) tune makes it run as it should, and cost factor would be marginal over winding the boost up and leaving it.....

RDP make an edit type product with an " adjustable " boost controller, a bit more pricey than the flasher unit, but has the 'knob' option in the cab to adjust boost on the fly...

I hope my answer was as clear as your question???
who would add to the boost without doing overal adjustments to the car through the tune? I hope that wasnt what ppl got from my comment when i said to use the edit. I meant exactly what Headache said, and hes right, your question wasnt all that clear
Old 04-19-2005, 06:22   #5 (permalink)

[QUOTE=GTP-330] who would add to the boost without doing overal adjustments to the car through the tune? QUOTE]

anyone who installs a boost controller to the majority of cars that allow such fitment... my E3 had 17psi running thru it via PRofec, with stock ecu, no chip or mappable ecu involved.. Yes, a remapped ecu would turn better results coupled with boost increase, but why bother when a $100 bleed valve ( for some ) will reap good power gains..

We as prospective Ford buyers are just unlucky that the pcm doesn't allow boost increases, or stereo removal etc etc without a strap on or reflash..

If only I could install an Apex-i to the Tornado in conjunction to the edit when it comes.. gear selective boost control, with adjustable rev limit and launch control... what a weapon........
Headache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:37   #6 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Headache]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
who would add to the boost without doing overal adjustments to the car through the tune? QUOTE]

anyone who installs a boost controller to the majority of cars that allow such fitment... my E3 had 17psi running thru it via PRofec, with stock ecu, no chip or mappable ecu involved.. Yes, a remapped ecu would turn better results coupled with boost increase, but why bother when a $100 bleed valve ( for some ) will reap good power gains..

We as prospective Ford buyers are just unlucky that the pcm doesn't allow boost increases, or stereo removal etc etc without a strap on or reflash..

If only I could install an Apex-i to the Tornado in conjunction to the edit when it comes.. gear selective boost control, with adjustable rev limit and launch control... what a weapon........
haha yer im with that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo