bov or wastegate? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2005, 00:16   #1 (permalink)

bov or wastegate?

hi guys, just got my xr6t mk2 6spd ute and must say that finally after 2 1/2 months of waiting, its finally here.
just got a quicky question, when i drive off the lights and shift gears, i noticed that theres not much power on the car but when you stay say on 4th and just cruising along, and when you put your foot down, holy crap! this thing goes!
dont know how many of you had this problem, but its damn annoying. so, im not sure if its the bov leaking or the wastegate staying open?
answers would be appreciated. thanks.
beepbeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2005, 00:54   #2 (permalink)
wasting money on cars

Re: bov or wastegate?

mate ive got a o2 turbo manual and im rapt how mine takes off.how yours doesnt just spin off the lights has got me being a ute and no traction control??
dicast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 01:33   #3 (permalink)

i dont understand it either. my ute is chocas full of work gear and i just notice that i got no go as from stop to go, but when your cruising and let the turbo catch up, you have to grab on!
i have a mk4 tt 6spd supra and it does not do this if your too quick on your shifting.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:41   #4 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Love those Supra's!! Try turning off the traction control and see if it makes any difference. If it's still bad check that your vaccum hose is connected. They are known for leaving those off or poorly connected.

If that fails it maybe that your simply comparing a 1800kg Falcon to a 1500kg Supra with similar power (or more). The Supra's gearing is very spritely off the line compared with the XR's more lazy set up.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:45   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Love those Supra's!! Try turning off the traction control and see if it makes any difference. If it's still bad check that your vaccum hose is connected. They are known for leaving those off or poorly connected.

If that fails it maybe that your simply comparing a 1800kg Falcon to a 1500kg Supra with similar power (or more). The Supra's gearing is very spritely off the line compared with the XR's more lazy set up.
cool! you on the supraforums as well! yep, i do love the soop as well. cant show any pics of the soop as our comp crashed not so long ago. but i have some on the soop forum when we went to wisemans. just look for my forum name and my beast should pop up.
anywho, back to my delema, when my xr takes off, it sorta lack on power or theres not much boost going on but when your cruising and need the extra grunt on thesame gear, it wants to go.
i have to take the xr for the 3000k service, but i want to ask you guys first whats causing the loss of power on takeoff. thanks for that.
Old 01-14-2005, 00:58   #6 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

its probably the torque limiting crap ford emplot to save the drivetrain. 1st gear is the most lekely culprit. Although my turbo leaves passengers with neck strain from 2000rpm onwards.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:48   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOOT
its probably the torque limiting crap ford emplot to save the drivetrain. 1st gear is the most lekely culprit. Although my turbo leaves passengers with neck strain from 2000rpm onwards.
hey yoot, is your bog standard or moded. tell you what, cant wait to hit 100,000k's so i can buy a stand alone ecu and bigger front mount intercooler.
only thing that im going to do to it is just to tint the windows, new mags (well, mags on the soop is going on it. same bolt pattern 5x114.3).
Old 01-14-2005, 14:13   #8 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

Stock as a rock although I have the XR8 snorkle and K&N and it made nearly 200 at the wheels.
Old 01-14-2005, 14:14   #9 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeep
hey yoot, is your bog standard or moded. tell you what, cant wait to hit 100,000k's so i can buy a stand alone ecu and bigger front mount intercooler.
only thing that im going to do to it is just to tint the windows, new mags (well, mags on the soop is going on it. same bolt pattern 5x114.3).
Get an Edit from CAPA or Herrods and you'll run 242rwkw easy. When it comes time for a service, just re-upload your factory tune and when the car comes back, re-upload the edit.
Old 01-15-2005, 17:33   #10 (permalink)

242rwkw! ****. thats heaps good. cant wait to find out about the ecu editing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo