BP UltimateVs Caltex Vortex in F6s - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2005, 00:34   #1 (permalink)

BP UltimateVs Caltex Vortex in F6s

I am presently in Brisbane and have been zooming about in 013, last night it was down to a quarter tank of BP Ultimate and of course no buggers got any, so against my previous incorrect judgement I filled it up with Caltex Vortec 98 and even with the extra weight of a full tank over the wheels the car drove much better, crisper and smoother, and generally more power all around. Now I'm peeved that you can't get the stuff in Perth. I would suggest anybody on the eastern seaboard who can't get BP Ultimate to give the 98 Vortex a go . I bet you change your brand permanently. I would if BP Ultimate wasn't the only option in WA.
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2005, 02:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: BP UltimateVs Caltex Vortex in F6s

Well mate you're lucky where you are at the moment.

There is a statewide shortage of both Ultimate 98 and Premium from BP in WA, none till monday I was told

Terebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 15:27   #3 (permalink)

I use vortex 98 in my pursuit 250 & have never had any complaints.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 20:58   #4 (permalink)

I have used BP Ultimate, Shell Optimax and Mobil Synergy 8000 (I think 8000), when in Sydney. then tried Caltex Vortex 98 when it became available. The Caltex Servo is on the M4 so it is convenient. To be honest, cannot tell any real difference, but have had no problems with it. (My car is a Series 1 GTP)
Jim Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 15:40   #5 (permalink)
Tornado F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
I am presently in Brisbane and have been zooming about in 013, last night it was down to a quarter tank of BP Ultimate and of course no buggers got any, so against my previous incorrect judgement I filled it up with Caltex Vortec 98 and even with the extra weight of a full tank over the wheels the car drove much better, crisper and smoother, and generally more power all around. Now I'm peeved that you can't get the stuff in Perth. I would suggest anybody on the eastern seaboard who can't get BP Ultimate to give the 98 Vortex a go . I bet you change your brand permanently. I would if BP Ultimate wasn't the only option in WA.
Strange thing Rick is that NO-BP in Perth atm as you’re aware so I had no choice but to fill with Caltex which is only 95 in WA and stuff me No pinging and its great..
So what does this mean? Well maybe BP is fudging its numbers?? Or Caltex is better than stated??

The first time I filled I had ½ tank of BP Ultimate so it was a mix of 95 & 98 then I ran it dry and went all Caltex 95 and no worries so Stuffed if I know how they grade the fuel?????
2003 White RTV Ute
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 23:01   #6 (permalink)
Beastmaster

Where did you get Vortex 98 in Brisbane?
Revelations 13:18
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST:
for it is the number of a F6 Typhoon; and its number is 0217.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 13:08   #7 (permalink)

MRT did a test on fuels recently with all the major brands of 98 RON. Vortex 98 thrashed Synergy 8000, BP Ultimate and Optimax, in that order. Test was done on a modded WRX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo