BPT Thermostat In Typhoon - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2005, 18:54   #1 (permalink)

BPT Thermostat In Typhoon

Well they Grey Ghost (No 13) is finally going into Lynfords with a long list tomorrow, evething from broken door trim clips to wheel balance. Anyway at Barrys yesterday we found a couple of things that other typhoon owners might want to check on their cars. 1. No retainer clip from the thermostat housing to the radiator resaviour tank. 2. The hose coming out of the top of the rocker cover into the plenumn was just flapping in the breeze above the rocker instead of being pushed down and retained to the rocker cover fitting . We also fitted a BPT high flow thermostat as per the BA GT (exact same one) and this has improved things considerably. I'm not sure whether it was the thermostat or the hose hanging off but low and mid range responsiveness has improved significantly and the temp struggles to crawl just past quarter on the gauge even in the opressive WA heat, a cheap mod well worth the $55 or so IMHO
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2005, 20:15   #2 (permalink)
Tornado F6

Re: BPT Thermostat In Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
Well they Grey Ghost (No 13) is finally going into Lynfords with a long list tomorrow, evething from broken door trim clips to wheel balance. Anyway at Barrys yesterday we found a couple of things that other typhoon owners might want to check on their cars. 1. No retainer clip from the thermostat housing to the radiator resaviour tank. 2. The hose coming out of the top of the rocker cover into the plenumn was just flapping in the breeze above the rocker instead of being pushed down and retained to the rocker cover fitting . We also fitted a BPT high flow thermostat as per the BA GT (exact same one) and this has improved things considerably. I'm not sure whether it was the thermostat or the hose hanging off but low and mid range responsiveness has improved significantly and the temp struggles to crawl just past quarter on the gauge even in the opressive WA heat, a cheap mod well worth the $55 or so IMHO
Doc have you rank David Flinf yet?
Dont pass up the chance to air your concern with him mate as its not often you get an offer like that.
Im sure he would be interested in anything such as what youve posted above for example.
Is barry going to add some RWK's to the dreaded #0013?
2003 White RTV Ute
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 03:27   #3 (permalink)
MYF6

Quote:
Interesting info Doc. I've noticed a significant power drop in #0025 when running at full temp, which is usually just under half, as compared to when the temp gauge is showing a quarter. Can you tell me more about BPT high flow thermostats. I don't know the brand!

I have a slight coolant leak showing traces on the a/c compressor but have not been able to trace it - reading your post I think I know where its coming from now .

Thanks for the post Doc!! Please ring David Flint and let us know how you go - based on all the development work your doing for FPV with the Typhoon's I think he owes you!!
Old 01-03-2005, 22:11   #4 (permalink)
CRAZY TYPHOON DRIVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYF6
Interesting info Doc. I've noticed a significant power drop in #0025 when running at full temp, which is usually just under half, as compared to when the temp gauge is showing a quarter. Can you tell me more about BPT high flow thermostats. I don't know the brand!

I have a slight coolant leak showing traces on the a/c compressor but have not been able to trace it - reading your post I think I know where its coming from now .

Thanks for the post Doc!! Please ring David Flint and let us know how you go - based on all the development work your doing for FPV with the Typhoon's I think he owes you!!
Doc,
where are you!!!!!

Chasing Minge in Power
300 Rear Wheel KW and 750 NM Torque
APS Upgraded Typhoon
250 PURSUIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 19:59   #5 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Quote:
Doc, Thanks once more for the heads up. No probs on mine with either the retainer clip or the hose (clipped onto rocker cover).
I haven't as yet been driving in particularly hot conditions but the thermostat change sounds like it may be worthwhile. Is the std thermostat the same as used on the XR6-T? I'm assuming it is....and wonder if any XR6-T owners have noticed this decreased performance in hot conditions.....???

Ian
fpv f6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo