Brothers? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2005, 18:01   #1 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Brothers?

While I've got the loan car, I couldn't resist a few pics. It's the only way you'd ever want to see a Typhoon put into the side of a GT!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a1.JPG (137.2 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg a3.JPG (137.2 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg a4.JPG (127.1 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg a5.JPG (135.6 KB, 116 views)
fpv f6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2005, 18:07   #2 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Re: Brothers?

One more......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a6.JPG (97.5 KB, 106 views)
Old 02-27-2005, 19:18   #3 (permalink)
habib

some tuf pics u got there
freddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 23:25   #4 (permalink)
FF Moderator

It's amazing how much more modern the Silver F6 looks when compared to the Phantom/Orange stripe GT combo. Goes to show what a little bit of subtle styling can achieve. Having said that, what lovely things to have in your driveway. I must admit if I every end up with an F6 it will be hard not to resist placing a BOSS Bonnet on it with F6 270 down the side. Once you've had one like I have, you just can't imagine driving a BA with it (A bulge).

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 23:35   #5 (permalink)

They do look quite tough together! Excelent pics i cant wait till people start modifying the F6 as well as the GT they would be one sexy combo :)
KNG-40L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 00:48   #6 (permalink)
Club Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
It's amazing how much more modern the Silver F6 looks when compared to the Phantom/Orange stripe GT combo.

Mate, tell me you are on drugs. That is the only explanation I could put a statement like that down to.
COUPEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 03:06   #7 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUPEMAN
Mate, tell me you are on drugs. That is the only explanation I could put a statement like that down to.
I've obviously offended you which was not my intention. However not everyone is going to like what you do (drugs or no drugs). I think the orange stripes on the GT dates it compared to the cleaner lines of the F6 in this comparision. Take the orange stripes away on the GT and it maybe a different story. MadManz has a Phantom GT-P with flat black GT stripes and it's a much cleaner presentation IMO. I owned a phantom XR8 so I don't have a personal issue with that colour.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 20:38   #8 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Quote:
It's amazing how much more modern the Silver F6 looks when compared to the Phantom/Orange stripe GT combo. Goes to show what a little bit of subtle styling can achieve. Having said that, what lovely things to have in your driveway. I must admit if I every end up with an F6 it will be hard not to resist placing a BOSS Bonnet on it with F6 270 down the side. Once you've had one like I have, you just can't imagine driving a BA with it (A bulge).
I have to agree with you about the bulge. It is a nice thing indeed looking out over it. Dunno if it really would suit the Typhoon. After all the bulge is for practicality as well as looks. Maybe a flush slot .. or two (really understated) would work.
Don't like the stripes either, but thats just personal. If it was my GT they wouldn't be there. Phantom has grown on me though, and I could live with that no worries.
Old 03-09-2005, 14:55   #9 (permalink)

I agree with CDAA on this point.

The Phantom GT has the stripes because of it's heritage and link to the original GT's. But the stripes don't do it any favours in terms of giving it a clean modern muscle car look - especially in 2005.

I have a Phantom T. Whilst I've modded it considerably, unlike many T and xr8 owners, I've avoided the temptation to put stripes on it for that very reason.

Each to their own, I guess.
Ford_Convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 16:10   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I've obviously offended you which was not my intention. However not everyone is going to like what you do (drugs or no drugs). I think the orange stripes on the GT dates it compared to the cleaner lines of the F6 in this comparision. Take the orange stripes away on the GT and it maybe a different story. MadManz has a Phantom GT-P with flat black GT stripes and it's a much cleaner presentation IMO. I owned a phantom XR8 so I don't have a personal issue with that colour.

agreed i dont like the stripes.....sort of the same opinion as the shaker... Not the car for it
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo