CAPA Typhoon Edit 2nd test - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2005, 18:40   #1 (permalink)

CAPA Typhoon Edit 2nd test

GT-P 330.
Has been dabbling with the capa edit typhoon development and we put a 2nd one in on Sunday for testing. There are no dyno sheets or quarter mile times yet. The car is stock except for a BPT thermostat, BMC Filter and cat back twin 2.5 system .
Sunday was a hot dry 37 degrees in Perth
The second trial program eliminates most of the lag and the power just keeps streaming on, the boost gauge climbs straight to its limit and stays there, no pinging, no running out of puff at 4-4500 rpm, just an endless increasing stream of massive power and acceleration .
IMHO the edit transforms the Typhoon into what it should have been in the first place and this one still isn't perfected. Apparently the final Typhoon program is only a couple of days way now and it gives a lot more noticable improvement than what the unichip did to my BA turbo .
One thing I can say is that the standard edit allows the car to more than live up to the name FPV gave it, mid range acceleration is simply awesome in any gear beyond 2nd from over 80 kph, at 80 kph in third when you nail it you got to make sure your pointed exactly where you want to go because you get there very damn quickly, god knows what the cars would do if they had the high vol fuel pump, bigger injectors and a high flow exhaust system, Hhhhrrrmmmmmm. Maybe one day
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2005, 19:31   #2 (permalink)

Re: CAPA Typhoon Edit 2nd test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
GT-P 330.
Has been dabbling with the capa edit typhoon development and we put a 2nd one in on Sunday for testing. There are no dyno sheets or quarter mile times yet. The car is stock except for a BPT thermostat, BMC Filter and cat back twin 2.5 system .
Sunday was a hot dry 37 degrees in Perth
The second trial program eliminates most of the lag and the power just keeps streaming on, the boost gauge climbs straight to its limit and stays there, no pinging, no running out of puff at 4-4500 rpm, just an endless increasing stream of massive power and acceleration .
IMHO the edit transforms the Typhoon into what it should have been in the first place and this one still isn't perfected. Apparently the final Typhoon program is only a couple of days way now and it gives a lot more noticable improvement than what the unichip did to my BA turbo .
One thing I can say is that the standard edit allows the car to more than live up to the name FPV gave it, mid range acceleration is simply awesome in any gear beyond 2nd from over 80 kph, at 80 kph in third when you nail it you got to make sure your pointed exactly where you want to go because you get there very damn quickly, god knows what the cars would do if they had the high vol fuel pump, bigger injectors and a high flow exhaust system, Hhhhrrrmmmmmm. Maybe one day
Mate, that is good to see . I agree totally with you, it should have been like that out of the factory, but I believe good old marketing got in the way.

I was contemplating using the Unichip, but I think I will hang on until the Edit comes out and then make up my mine (I am tending to think the Edit is the way to go).

Can you keep me posted?

Thanks
Old 01-31-2005, 20:00   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_FPV

I was contemplating using the Unichip, but I think I will hang on until the Edit comes out and then make up my mine (I am tending to think the Edit is the way to go).

Can you keep me posted?

Thanks
I also think that the EDIT will be the way to go. There are a number of very good tuners now with the software and the results will continue to improve with additional R&D.

My XR6T (manual) is running the CAPA off the shelf 10 PSI tune. Whilst it's not perfect, it did produce 265 rwkw on a 30degree day. I imagine that a good custom tune on the phoon will give you a pleasant surprise.
Old 01-31-2005, 22:03   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_FPV
Mate, that is good to see . I agree totally with you, it should have been like that out of the factory, but I believe good old marketing got in the way.

Can you keep me posted?

Thanks
Hi F6 FPV mate nobody has done the Typhoon edit completely as yet, but the one we loaded in was a 10lb boost with some of GT-P 330s fine tuning and it made a huge difference. With no offenec to Peter or APS I must say this improvement so far is better for 3 hours dabbling than what the BA Turbo got with a 2 day installation time for thew Unichip here in WA.
I am about to go and pick up the car from Genie with a 3 inch dump pipe and a 3 inch high flow cat fitted. Then over the next couple of days we will do the final fine tuning on the dyno. It is good to find another tuner besides Barry from BPT in WA WA land who is actually interested in more than dumping something into the car in the name of profit. I will let you know what the bigger dump and cat do for it. AFTER I HAVE A DECENT DRIVE THIS ARVO AND ACTUALLY GET TO ENJOY SOME REAL PERFORMANCE before fpv take it away again for the clutch
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:18   #5 (permalink)
Tornado F6

I expected to see some big gains with the F6 without all the injector change out and other mods and have been dying to see some results in this area so this is good news Rick

Interesting to see what sort of RWKws can be extracted with STD everything on the F6 and to look at the final graph.
Maybe simon could play with the maps and keep the Torque on the 550nm but see when the kw’s peaks as I suspect Ford just cut it at 270…Turned the tap off.
Then crank both up and see what the Squirts can really do to both nm and kw’s

Maybe we can have bets on the outcome kws hhahahhahahaha
I’m guessing 285rwkws with nothing but a bloody good edit.
Or am I wishing 285rwkw’s
2003 White RTV Ute
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:38   #6 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

Numbers doc numbers!!!!!!
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:49   #7 (permalink)
walking power

Doc we're heading down to the plex tommoro night.............................
Old 02-01-2005, 06:26   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
Or am I wishing 285rwkw’s
I think thats pretty close to what we will end up with
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 06:27   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
Numbers doc numbers!!!!!!
soon mate.. soon.. all in good time
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 19:04   #10 (permalink)
aps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
With no offenec to Peter or APS I must say this improvement so far is better for 3 hours dabbling than what the BA Turbo got with a 2 day installation time for thew Unichip here in WA.
No ofence taken Doc though please don't compare APS and our tuning ability to that of your previous install. In addition a series one XR6T is not a typhoon so to make any reference for comparison purposes is not really fair, a typhoon engine is much better base engine than a series 1 xr6t. For the record any decent dyno tuner should be able to install and tune the plug in Unichip computer for the typhoon in approx 2.5 hours, I'd also love to check your car on our dyno to see how the power and torque figures compare, good luck and enjoy.

Peter
aps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo