Coolant Leakages - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2003, 00:20   #1 (permalink)
Only a V8 Ute Will Do

Coolant Leakages

Just wondering if any other Turbo owners have had any problems with a coolant leak? Mine's 6 months old, and done 12000km's and in the last week it's developed this problem.

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"
www.fpvxrclub.com
Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2003, 01:06   #2 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Re: Coolant Leakages

Can't vouch as I don't own one but I have notcied a few XR6 Turbos with coolant leaks. Where abouts is your leak coming from? I would bet it's from the waterpump Oring. In that case the waterpump will have to be removed as it's a prick of a job. Book it in with your local Ford delaer and they will fix it up for you under warranty. I'm sure you know this allready though. :)

EDIT: Just noticed you live in Geelong. Come to Rex Gorell Ford anytime. We will look after you :)
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language

Last edited by Cobra; 07-29-2003 at 01:09.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 01:56   #3 (permalink)
Only a V8 Ute Will Do

I've had a quick look but haven't found any leaks or white powdery stuff anywhere showing a leak. I topped the reservoir up two days ago and its already dropped by about 10mm. Its booked in at Gorells for Friday. Its an Acid Rush one. I'm sure you'll notice it. BRUTE 6 is the rego.

www.fpvxrclub.com
Old 07-29-2003, 02:00   #4 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Yeah Ive seen that one in a few times. I'm sure we'll find your problem though. Who's your service adviser?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Old 07-29-2003, 02:45   #5 (permalink)
TBO240

i was talking to a xr6 owner in geelong yesterday and he has had his water pump fixed twice..... and it was caused by leftover grit in the head from the casting process choping out a o-ring i the water pump
Old 07-29-2003, 02:47   #6 (permalink)
Only a V8 Ute Will Do

Service dude is Kelvin. Do you work under him? Also i've got to tell him about the shocking brake shudder i got. Need to get them machined or something, its a pain in the ass. I've seen a few posts on the site regarding this problem, so i'm glad its not just me.

www.fpvxrclub.com
Old 07-29-2003, 02:53   #7 (permalink)
Only a V8 Ute Will Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebghiawagon5lt
i was talking to a xr6 owner in geelong yesterday and he has had his water pump fixed twice..... and it was caused by leftover grit in the head from the casting process choping out a o-ring i the water pump

I've heard the hose leading to the water pump is a common place for the leak. But, after a very quick look, i can't find any trace of a leak,

www.fpvxrclub.com
Old 07-29-2003, 04:36   #8 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute6
Service dude is Kelvin. Do you work under him? Also i've got to tell him about the shocking brake shudder i got. Need to get them machined or something, its a pain in the ass. I've seen a few posts on the site regarding this problem, so i'm glad its not just me.
Nah i dont work under Kelvin, but I know who he is. Just tell him about the brake shudder. They will get a guy from combined clutch & brake to come out and do an on car disc machine. I would say every second BA would have experenced some kind of brake shudder. It's really not good enough.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)

Old 07-30-2003, 01:33   #9 (permalink)
Only a V8 Ute Will Do

Just been down to see Kelvin. Re-booked car in for tomorrow (Thursday). Mentioned about the brake shudder, and he says that next week there is apparently a fix for the shudder? New brake pads i've also been told. So i'll wait and see how they go first. And also it is the water pump for the coolant leak. Thanks Cobra.

www.fpvxrclub.com
Old 07-31-2003, 00:06   #10 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute6
Just been down to see Kelvin. Re-booked car in for tomorrow (Thursday). Mentioned about the brake shudder, and he says that next week there is apparently a fix for the shudder? New brake pads i've also been told. So i'll wait and see how they go first. And also it is the water pump for the coolant leak. Thanks Cobra.
I saw your ute in today. So how did it all go? They fix it all up? I would have been supprised if it wasnt the Water pump Oring.

Havn't heard anything about a fix for the shudder other than a bandaid one which is machining the disc's. Is your car coming back when this new "fix" has arrived?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo