David Flint very helpful - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2005, 00:12   #1 (permalink)

David Flint very helpful

I had a bit of a whinge at Flinty on the email over the weekend re the Grey Ghost and got a return call from him today with offers of help after the dealership mucked me about again
I found David to be a very personable guy and only too willing to do what he could to help. Davids assistance was genuine and also offered by him, it was not a band aid response to demands from me. He said that in all his years in the Motor Industry that the Typhoon was the best car he had produced hands down, it sounded as though he is carrying a lot of weight on his shoulders over this, and after talking to me today its obvious that FPV are doing their best with the clutch issue in the Typhoon and with Davids help I am now sorted
I only hung this post up in the hope that the front line helpline FPV people such as Guy and Matthew can take a little heart among all the abuse and irateness they must have been copping and to say: You did good with the Typhoon David, just a shame what 1 little bloody clip can do. Still at least it got found early in the piece, and thanks for your help today
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2005, 00:52   #2 (permalink)
Tornado F6

Re: David Flint very helpful

Good move Ric and I'm sure David would do his best to help all Ford customers if he had the time.
While chatting did David give any indication on the time frame or clutch fix as My tornado is going Rusty sitting at ford doing nothing.
2003 White RTV Ute
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:29   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
Good move Ric and I'm sure David would do his best to help all Ford customers if he had the time.
While chatting did David give any indication on the time frame or clutch fix as My tornado is going Rusty sitting at ford doing nothing.
He wasn't going to commit himself. He did say it was very close but they would not make any claims until they hard totally and completely tested it, the feeling I got was probably a couple of weeks. He was concerned enough for me to state publicly, after speaking to him, if I could I would retract some of my views re FPV management from the forums. But seeing as that isn't possible I would apoligise for some of the more negative ones. I think the whole team there is doing their best and when something effects you personally I suppose its easy to forget these guys have lots of customers and dealerships to juggle.
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
HSV What ?
Old 02-14-2005, 02:38   #4 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Great to hear Ric. It takes a big man to admit he was, well lets say a little over enthusiastic about your disappointments. Unfortunately that’s bound to happen to some degree or another when you take things to heart like most of us do about our cars. Great to here the balance has been restored in your very blue ‘life.’ Long live the F6.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 03:12   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Great to hear Ric. It takes a big man to admit he was, well lets say a little over enthusiastic about your disappointments. Unfortunately that’s bound to happen to some degree or another when you take things to heart like most of us do about our cars. Great to here the balance has been restored in your very blue ‘life.’ Long live the F6.
Now I gotta get it back, get it to GT-P 330, get in those bigger injectors and fuel pump fitted, get the edit re-edited and get it to Kwinana and then get over it and park it up as a scarey every now and thenner and get a series 2 GT
Theres a lot of getting to be got
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
HSV What ?
Old 02-14-2005, 19:50   #6 (permalink)
Australian XB Member

david is, and always has been, a very honest, personable bloke. and he takes his company and its customers very seriously.

you have to understand how seriously this whole thing is being, and has been, taken within by him and his organisation. you could not believe the level of strain there at the moment, trying to jam six months of engineering into a matter of weeks.

for david to call you personally under such circumstances speaks volumes for how seriously they are treating it.

i've always argued that you don't judge people, or companies, on the mistakes they make; rather, you judge them on how they fix them.

your post shows they are battling very hard to do it right.
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo